Notifications
Clear all

Need oil advice for dry skin

MemberMember
(@celeste8157)

Posted : 12/27/2016 1:56 pm

Hi everybody! I'm new here and need help. I've recently decided I want to use only oils in my skincare routine. I've already ordered argan oil to help with acne, dry skin and anti aging. I've used it before and I find it heavy, so I'm going to use it at night. I need help with picking another oil for the morning that will work great under makeup. I would like another oil that addresses the same three concerns mentioned before, but that is light, absorbs quickly and works well under makeup. I'm 30 and have always had acne that I believe is purely hormonal. I have dry skin, as I'm sure you've already surmised and definitely need to start with anti aging because I was not so good with that in my 20's. I know there are several oils that are light and easily absorbed, but they may work better with oily skin and not be moisturizing enough for me. Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@celeste8157)

Posted : 12/27/2016 9:12 pm

I actually went to Walmart tonight and while looking through the coconut oil for moisturizing my body, I found a giant $4 of sunflower oil that is unrefined and first cold pressed! So, I got it instead of coconut oil for my face AND body. Anybody have any experience with sunflower oil?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 12/28/2016 9:09 am

My Mom has dry skin and has used Vitamin E oil morning and night for years. She's in her 40s and looks more like she's in her early 30s. My Grandmother also uses it (she got my mom into it) and she looks much younger than her age as well. My mom's skin doesn't even look dry to me, it always looks nice and moisturized from the oils. She uses it under her makeup no problem. My skin has been super dry lately so I started using it myself at night and have noticed that my old acne marks are fading a lot more quickly. The one I use also contains coconut oil and soybean oil. So, I would recommend that trying it out if you get the chance!

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 12/28/2016 9:40 am

Try things like Hazelnut oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil and coconut oil (maybe only as a makeup remover for this one). I actually go in the shower and lather my entire body and face with coconut oil so my pores are open and it seeps into my skin. Then I pat my skin dry when I get out and the oil has remained in my skin so it is super soft and hydrated but not oily! There is no oil that is 'good' for under your makeup because it will make it come off quicker but try soaking your face in oil at night, sleep with it and wash your face in the morning as usual. Moisturise FOR SURE (I finally started using the acne.org moisturiser and its AMAZING) and after you do this, put one or two drops of the oil you choose to use into your foundation and apply onto your face. Sunflower oil does work but I'm not a massive fan.

MemberMember
(@celeste8157)

Posted : 12/29/2016 6:37 am

I've been using rosewater and glycerin mornings under my makeup because glycerin is some sticky stuff! It seems very moisturizing. Is it sufficiently moisturizing for daytime use?

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 12/29/2016 7:48 am

Get a spray bottle and mix 90% rosewater with 5% oil of your choice (I use hazelnut) and 5% Tea Tree Oil! Spray it as frequently as you would like during the day. It can sit under or over makeup. If you choose to wear it under your foundation make sure it dries like 95% before you apply anything else. I soak my face with it as much as I can, but not to the point where it's dripping wet. I let it sit for about a minute then I pat the rest into my skin GENTLY...no rubbing, just patting.

I'm not too sure about the glycerin. I hear it's a good moisturizer but I use the rosewater trick. Maybe even try a honey and Greek yogurt face mask. Leave on for 20 minutes and your skin will be super smooth! OR try GENTLY exfoliating with oil and sugar for about a minute. Rub your skin softly for the minute then let the oil sit for another minute then rinse. Don't expect miracles after one use though. Keep using and you will see results!