Notifications
Clear all

Red scars that seems never will go away

MemberMember
(@depr02)

Posted : 12/27/2016 9:14 am

Hi,

Due acne, that I still have, but much less the in the past. The biggest problems for me are the red scars that I have, that seems, never will go away. I have them for years, they have become lighter and are actually more pink then red, but still visibly.

My skin is actually flat, if you would just touch it you wouldnt even feel there is red marks/scars. Also dont now if it sounds strange or not, but if its cold/fresh they actually look much better. And in General there are days where they look very light pink, and then in nothing sometimes they look much red darker.

what kind of scars are this, how can I remove them?

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/29/2016 4:20 am

Hey!

It sounds like you are describing hyperpigmentation. These are not scars but a high concentration of pigments that get left behind after a pimple heals.

Here is some more information about hyperpigmentation, and how to treat it: http://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@depr02)

Posted : 12/29/2016 4:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I tought about hyperpigmentation my self, but about them I read they will be gone with time. Some of my red scars/marks are there for YEARS. I am talking about 6+ years, shoudnt hyperpigmentantion be long gone then?

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/29/2016 11:36 am

Hyperpigmentation never lasted longer than one year for me. So six years seem awfully long indeed. Any chance you are confusing it with a birthmark? |::D

Identification of your problem would be easier with a picture!

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 12/29/2016 11:40 am

On 27 December 2016 at 2:14 PM, depr02 said:

Hi,

Due acne, that I still have, but much less the in the past. The biggest problems for me are the red scars that I have, that seems, never will go away. I have them for years, they have become lighter and are actually more pink then red, but still visibly.

My skin is actually flat, if you would just touch it you wouldnt even feel there is red marks/scars. Also dont now if it sounds strange or not, but if its cold/fresh they actually look much better. And in General there are days where they look very light pink, and then in nothing sometimes they look much red darker.

what kind of scars are this, how can I remove them?

A Pulsed-dye laser is used for helping patients with rosacea, this is also the " gold-standard " treatment for PIH. It is not an ablative laser, it is a healing laser. I know Dr Davin Lim uses this to help reduce the redness caused by other lasers. I would suggest finding a dermatologist who uses a PDL and this should be perfect for you! Like I mention it is a healing laser and PIH are the easiest thing to treat.

Good luck! I'm sure with a series of treatments you will eliminate all of the redness from your face. You can also opt for a lower setting of the PDL ( this will mean more treatments ), but this will result in less bruising ( if any ) from the laser.

There was a post recently about someone who treated their redness naturally. I am more of a fan of this way, and perhaps you could try her regimen first. But since you have been talking 6+ years, perhaps PDL is a better option. Either way there are many things out there for PIH.

I will add that just because your skin is smooth, it doesn't mean you are acne-free. There could be some " acne below the surface " and you could have consistent mild acne. Perhaps that is what is causing the redness not to fade.

MemberMember
(@depr02)

Posted : 12/30/2016 4:25 am

16 hours ago, Howlingmad said:

Hyperpigmentation never lasted longer than one year for me. So six years seem awfully long indeed. Any chance you are confusing it with a birthmark? |::D

Identification of your problem would be easier with a picture!

Its defenitly not birthmark or anything like that. Its defenitly caused by acne problems.

16 hours ago, AlexxelA said:
A Pulsed-dye laser is used for helping patients with rosacea, this is also the " gold-standard " treatment for PIH. It is not an ablative laser, it is a healing laser. I know Dr Davin Lim uses this to help reduce the redness caused by other lasers. I would suggest finding a dermatologist who uses a PDL and this should be perfect for you! Like I mention it is a healing laser and PIH are the easiest thing to treat. 

Good luck! I'm sure with a series of treatments you will eliminate all of the redness from your face. You can also opt for a lower setting of the PDL ( this will mean more treatments ), but this will result in less bruising ( if any ) from the laser. 

There was a post recently about someone who treated their redness naturally. I am more of a fan of this way, and perhaps you could try her regimen first. But since you have been talking 6+ years, perhaps PDL is a better option. Either way there are many things out there for PIH. 

I will add that just because your skin is smooth, it doesn't mean you are acne-free. There could be some " acne below the surface " and you could have consistent mild acne. Perhaps that is what is causing the redness not to fade. 

Thx for the post.... But its not PIH, those should have faded long time ago. From reading this forum  I suspect its actually PIE and looks like laser its only working treatment for that.... Are there any other kind of treatments for PIE that is not laser based?