Notifications
Clear all

If you are a girl with bad acne you shouldn't reproduce

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/26/2016 3:04 pm

Girls can pass on their bad genetics no matter how ugly they are because they are the most important sex, because they create new life. Most guys are disposable. A short thin girl will get called petite and cute, and then she reproduces and creates a short ugly guy that will get called a scrawny weakling his whole life. All guys, except for tall attractive guys will date almost anything as long as she isn't obese or anorexic thin. When I say bad acne I mean it has to all be on your face, body acne doesn't matter.
Like this
[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 12/27/2016 3:47 am

Guys with bad acne shouldn't reproduce either like myself. I'm not going to curse some poor soul with this disease and as if a woman would want to reproduce with a hideous ogre like myself.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/27/2016 8:44 am

4 hours ago, Koloz said:

Guys with bad acne shouldn't reproduce either like myself. I'm not going to curse some poor soul with this disease and as if a woman would want to reproduce with a hideous ogre like myself.

I 100 percent agree with you that guys shouldn't pass on their bad acne either. It's just that a girl can pass on her bad genetics no matter how ugly she is. If you're a girl with severe acne there will still be plenty of guys that will call you beautiful and find you attractive. If you're a guy with bad acne you better be tall, have a great body, have everything else going for you. Me and you are hideous freaks, but if we woke up as girls we would have a bunch of guys that would want us. Bad genetics get weeded out through a girl's sons not her daughters.

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 12/28/2016 3:37 am

I believe it's like natural selection. People with hideous acne won't find their partners and wouldn't pass on their bad genes. So only attractive people reproduce and can create new attractive offspring. If for some reason you get acne, at least the bad gene ends with you. I mean this works until you don't cure your acne or find someone who will accept how you look.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/29/2016 1:24 pm

On 12/28/2016 at 1:37 AM, MyLifeIsPain said:

I believe it's like natural selection. People with hideous acne won't find their partners and wouldn't pass on their bad genes. So only attractive people reproduce and can create new attractive offspring. If for some reason you get acne, at least the bad gene ends with you. I mean this works until you don't cure your acne or find someone who will accept how you look.

Unfortunately the acne gene will continue to exist because girls can pass on their bad genetics no matter how ugly they are. My female equivalent is out having the time of her life and has had multiple boyfriends that tell her she looks beautiful even without makeup.

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 12/29/2016 1:49 pm

There is no 'acne gene', and acne is not necessarily hereditary.

Please, please visit your doctor to arrange some counselling - you should not, and do not, have to feel this way.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/29/2016 2:01 pm

5 minutes ago, Hominid said:

There is no 'acne gene', and acne is not necessarily hereditary.

Please, please visit your doctor to arrange some counselling - you should not, and do not, have to feel this way.

The only therapy I need is for my acne to go away. How can you say it's not genetic when you have people in the wild that bathe in mud, that have perfectly clear skin. You have morbidly obese people with clear skin. Anorexics have perfectly clear skin. If it's not genetic then what is it that causes acne?

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 12/29/2016 2:09 pm

Yeah it's like why in the hell are we more prone to it, I need a fucking explanation if it's not a gene that can be pass down. Craziest thing is why are faces more prone to it lol the rest of my body is clear most of the time

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 12/29/2016 4:15 pm

2 hours ago, KillMeNow33 said:
The only therapy I need is for my acne to go away. How can you say it's not genetic when you have people in the wild that bathe in mud, that have perfectly clear skin. You have morbidly obese people with clear skin. Anorexics have perfectly clear skin. If it's not genetic then what is it that causes acne?

I didnt say it wasnt genetic, I said there was no acne gene. This thread is implying that anyone with acne will pass on this mythical gene and curse their children with the same, but that is simply not true. Whilst we can say that genetics certainly play a role in the propensity of someone to suffer from acne, hormones, diet and environment are all other big factors in the likelihood of developing acne.

You should recognise that you do need therapy - you should not feel the way you do - and you should know how life changing it can be to just talk about how you feel. Words are powerful things and the right ones can help you look at life in a completely different way.

My reason for posting in here is that this thread does not help you or anyone else reading it that might be feeling down and vulnerable because of their acne. Acne is nobodys fault, but that does not mean that you should sit back and allow it to beat you. Feeling sorry for yourself is human nature, I dont begrudge you that - I know how it feels, but wallowing in self pity does not help, you have to make a choice. You have the choice to either shut down and feel bad, or refuse to be beaten and fight it. Feeling bad does NOTHING to help you, whereas a positive outlook will.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/29/2016 5:52 pm

1 hour ago, Hominid said:

I didnt say it wasnt genetic, I said there was no acne gene. This thread is implying that anyone with acne will pass on this mythical gene and curse their children with the same, but that is simply not true. Whilst we can say that genetics certainly play a role in the propensity of someone to suffer from acne, hormones, diet and environment are all other big factors in the likelihood of developing acne.

You should recognise that you do need therapy - you should not feel the way you do - and you should know how life changing it can be to just talk about how you feel. Words are powerful things and the right ones can help you look at life in a completely different way.

My reason for posting in here is that this thread does not help you or anyone else reading it that might be feeling down and vulnerable because of their acne. Acne is nobodys fault, but that does not mean that you should sit back and allow it to beat you. Feeling sorry for yourself is human nature, I dont begrudge you that - I know how it feels, but wallowing in self pity does not help, you have to make a choice. You have the choice to either shut down and feel bad, or refuse to be beaten and fight it. Feeling bad does NOTHING to help you, whereas a positive outlook will.

The point of this thread is that if you're a girl you shouldn't reproduce and risk giving your offspring bad acne. More kids won't have to suffer with acne if girls with bad acne decide to stop reproducing. You can have a perfect diet and environmet and still get acne, where as there are homeless people on the street that have perfect clear skin. What is the difference in talking about my problems on here than to a therapist? How am I even feeling sorry for my self? I'm still trying to get rid of my acne.

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 12/30/2016 5:16 pm

22 hours ago, KillMeNow33 said:
The point of this thread is that if you're a girl you shouldn't reproduce and risk giving your offspring bad acne. More kids won't have to suffer with acne if girls with bad acne decide to stop reproducing. You can have a perfect diet and environmet and still get acne, where as there are homeless people on the street that have perfect clear skin. What is the difference in talking about my problems on here than to a therapist? How am I even feeling sorry for my self? I'm still trying to get rid of my acne.

The premise is flawed and actually the reason for this thread is ultimately about how bad you feel about yourself and your projection of perceived judgement from other people. To suggest the potential of acne as a reason for not having a child is ridiculous. I could argue that as the majority of people will get a form of acne at some point in their life, regardless of whether or not their parents did, having a parent that suffered from acne - a parent who knows how it feels and who is in a position to offer confidence and support - would be beneficial to having a parent that has no understanding of what their child is going through.

If you dont want to have kids because of an acne risk thats fine, but this thread does not help anyone. People come here for advice, sympathy or simply just to be heard. People need to know that they are not at fault or to blame for acne, they need to know that they are not less important and that acne does not alter anyones value, and nobody should ever believe or be told that it does. Threads like this will only serve to reinforce the bad feelings people already have about themselves.

If youre going to make posts here why not be positive and help people, and help yourself at the same time. For some people just having an acknowledgement of their post will be all they need to feel better about themselves, others might just need some sympathy or simple advice, but for some all the sympathy and advice in the world wont make a difference to how they feel, and thats where therapy can help. Your username is KillMeNow33 and amongst your few posts is life for us is just finding the least painful way to kill time until we die. Do you really think that is justified and rational? Its not. And nobody should feel like that or believe that they should feel like that. But you know what, ultimately the only person really making you feel like that is you. I doubt my words will make you change the way you think, but maybe a therapist could. Its very easy to be cynical about talking to someone, right up until the point they make you begin to see that in fact life is absolutely worth living, in spite of acne, in spite of being too tall or short, in spite of being too fat or thin, in spite of your gender, race, sexuality or anything else that we falsely believe we are all judged negatively on every minute of every day. Acne can be fucking horrible yes, but we all judge ourselves far more harshly and value ourselves far less than anyone else actually ever does.

Its not my intention to be confrontational, but please understand there are many people reading these forums and the message of this thread is inaccurate, unsupportive and extremely unhelpful. I wont make another post in here as Id rather see this thread left alone and get pushed off the page, if you really want a reply from me you can send me a message.

Choose positive over negative, it's not always easy I know, but it does make a real difference and you'll be a lot happier and wish you did it sooner.

Rachie39, Jazzguy, Howlingmad and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/30/2016 8:19 pm

2 hours ago, Hominid said:

The premise is flawed and actually the reason for this thread is ultimately about how bad you feel about yourself and your projection of perceived judgement from other people. To suggest the potential of acne as a reason for not having a child is ridiculous. I could argue that as the majority of people will get a form of acne at some point in their life, regardless of whether or not their parents did, having a parent that suffered from acne - a parent who knows how it feels and who is in a position to offer confidence and support - would be beneficial to having a parent that has no understanding of what their child is going through.

If you dont want to have kids because of an acne risk thats fine, but this thread does not help anyone. People come here for advice, sympathy or simply just to be heard. People need to know that they are not at fault or to blame for acne, they need to know that they are not less important and that acne does not alter anyones value, and nobody should ever believe or be told that it does. Threads like this will only serve to reinforce the bad feelings people already have about themselves.

If youre going to make posts here why not be positive and help people, and help yourself at the same time. For some people just having an acknowledgement of their post will be all they need to feel better about themselves, others might just need some sympathy or simple advice, but for some all the sympathy and advice in the world wont make a difference to how they feel, and thats where therapy can help. Your username is KillMeNow33 and amongst your few posts is life for us is just finding the least painful way to kill time until we die. Do you really think that is justified and rational? Its not. And nobody should feel like that or believe that they should feel like that. But you know what, ultimately the only person really making you feel like that is you. I doubt my words will make you change the way you think, but maybe a therapist could. Its very easy to be cynical about talking to someone, right up until the point they make you begin to see that in fact life is absolutely worth living, in spite of acne, in spite of being too tall or short, in spite of being too fat or thin, in spite of your gender, race, sexuality or anything else that we falsely believe we are all judged negatively on every minute of every day. Acne can be fucking horrible yes, but we all judge ourselves far more harshly and value ourselves far less than anyone else actually ever does.

Its not my intention to be confrontational, but please understand there are many people reading these forums and the message of this thread is inaccurate, unsupportive and extremely unhelpful. I wont make another post in here as Id rather see this thread left alone and get pushed off the page, if you really want a reply from me you can send me a message.

Choose positive over negative, it's not always easy I know, but it does make a real difference and you'll be a lot happier and wish you did it sooner.

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. Being realistic is better than deluding yourself and ending up being dissapointed. You can be as positive and confident as you want and people will still treat you poorly if you have bad acne. It doesn't matter if a parent understands the pain of having acne, the kid will still suffer no matter what. If you only have moderate acne than that won't be as big of a deal than severe cystic acne covering the childs face. I'm not going to delude people and tell them that acne doesn't lower your quality of life. If it didn't people wouldn't even try to get rid of it. I'm not falsely believing anything, look at the thread about the meanest thing someone has said about your acne. It has tons of replies talking about being judged for having bad acne. I just want girls to think about not reproducing if they have bad acne, because it will spare future kids of having to suffer with this disease. I can 100 percent gurantee that all girls with bad acne that reproduced did not want their kids to have bad acne.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/30/2016 8:46 pm

On 12/29/2016 at 4:15 PM, Hominid said:

Amen!!! Wish I could like this like a hundred times!!! Such a wonderful and true message of hope to everyone out there dealing with this cruel affliction (my own son included who is very happy to be alive and currently leading a very active and fulfilling life despite his affliction)!!

Jazzguy and Hominid liked
MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/30/2016 9:27 pm

12 minutes ago, DeLovely said:
On 12/29/2016 at 2:15 PM, Hominid said:

Amen!!! Wish I could like this like a hundred times!!! Such a wonderful and true message of hope to everyone out there dealing with this cruel affliction (my own son included who is very happy to be alive and currently leading a very active and fulfilling life despite his affliction)!!

I think this is empty advice and would of liked it if it stated what I should feel positive about. Why would you be positive about a bad thing. You can be as positive as you want about acne and you will still get treated poorly for having bad acne. You can also feel negative about an issue and talk about its effects on you and still try to get rid of it.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/30/2016 9:48 pm

The key is to look past the affliction to see the blessings. My son is blessed with a loving family, otherwise good health despite a few post-acne scars, friends who accept him as he is (the good, the bad, and the ugly...we all have that, even the clear-skinned people), and things in his life which bring him joy. How can you say it would have been better if I hadn't reproduced?

Kathi and Hominid liked
MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:04 pm

This thread literally makes me want to vomit on my keyboard.

What if passing on the gene is .01%?
Do you have scientific evidence that acne is hereditary and not just a coincidence when seen as such?
Do you have any understandings of genetic material and how it transcends into being visible and the conditions it requires?
Do you believe all people born on this planet with acne are in severe emotional pain?
Do you believe everyone suffered like you?
They don't.

Go get help. I mean that sincerely, I can't tell you what kind of resources are around you, but they're there and we are always here.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:06 pm

3 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

The key is to look past the affliction to see the blessings. My son is blessed with a loving family, otherwise good health despite a few post-acne scars, friends who accept him as he is, and things in his life which bring him joy. How can you say it would have been better if I hadn't reproduced?

How bad is and was your acne? There are people that have took multiple courses of accutane and still have bad acne covering them from head to toe. If you had actual severe bad acne, like where not even accutane could fix it, you took a big risk in reproducing. Fortunately you were lucky and he only has scars now. Although keep in mind that your son had to suffer way more than other kids because of acne. I doubt you ever wanted him to get your acne. Hey, if my post sound like I'm attacking you, I'm not. It doesn't mean anything, but I hope your son continues to have a good life and his acne doesn't come back.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:14 pm

12 minutes ago, KillMeNow33 said:
30 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

Hey, if my post sound like I'm attacking you, I'm not. It doesn't mean anything, but I hope your son continues to have a good life and his acne doesn't come back.

Thank you, I appreciate that, it means everything!! And me too!!!!

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:23 pm

On 12/31/2016 at 9:04 AM, WelcomeSmirk said:

This thread literally makes me want to vomit on my keyboard.

What if passing on the gene is .01%?
Do you have scientific evidence that acne is hereditary and not just a coincidence when seen as such?
Do you have any understandings of genetic material and how it transcends into being visible and the conditions it requires?
Do you believe all people born on this planet with acne are in severe emotional pain?
Do you believe everyone suffered like you?
They don't.

Go get help. I mean that sincerely, I can't tell you what kind of resources are around you, but they're there and we are always here.

If the gene was 0.1 percent so many kids wouldn't have acne. Moderate acne isn't that big of a deal. I'm talking about bad acne, where your whole face is covered in acne. One of the most popular threads on here is what's the worst thing someone has said about your acne. If acne didn't affect people so much, not as many people would be buying acne products. There are morbidly obese people with clear skin, homeless people with clear skin, and anorexics with clear skin.
[removed]

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 12/31/2016 7:58 pm

Wait?...

You're going to cite a source that doesn't even cite itself and the author uses the terms "I believe".

Well Hitler believed a lot of things too.

I find it extremely comical that acneeinstein.comis a sales based website without referencing scientific data and you believe everyword they preach? You must believe new things everyday

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/01/2017 3:27 pm

19 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

Wait?...

You're going to cite a source that doesn't even cite itself and the author uses the terms "I believe".

I find it extremely comical that acneeinstein.comis a sales based website without referencing scientific data and you believe everyword they preach? You must believe new things everyday

The author just gave their opinion on the studies. The references for the studies are near the bottom of the page.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/01/2017 3:33 pm

1 minute ago, KillMeNow33 said:
19 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

Wait?...

The author just gave their opinion on the studies. The references for the studies are near the bottom of the page.

Exactly. And his opinion is geared towards a sales pitch. Those studies are not enough to conclude Acne is layered somewhere within a dominant gene.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/01/2017 3:50 pm

2 minutes ago, WelcomeSmirk said:
Exactly. And his opinion is geared towards a sales pitch. Those studies are not enough to conclude Acne is layered somewhere within a dominant gene.

You said that they didn't reference scientific data, when they did. The science just shows that genetics do have an affect on acne. That was the only point I wanted to get across. If everyone with bad acne stopped reproducing then more people would have less acne. Even if it is a recessive gene I do not think the risk is worth it.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/01/2017 4:11 pm

No.... The science shows a correlation. This isn't a proof it is only a research method.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/01/2017 5:02 pm

46 minutes ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

No.... The science shows a correlation. This isn't a proof it is only a research method.

Alright, so you admit that there is a correlation at least. I just don't understand with how much evidence for a correlation between genetics causing acne, why anyone with bad acne would risk reproducing.