Notifications
Clear all

3,000 calories a day without dairy, soy or gluten?

MemberMember
(@v666)

Posted : 12/24/2016 1:10 pm

So basically in order for me to gain muscle/weight from working out, I need to consume about 3,000 calories a day. I was doing this without much of a problem with the use of weight gainer shakes and awful TV dinners, etc. but I'm almost 100% sure that my acne is diet related, and that I have a dairy, soy and gluten intolerance or sensitivity. Another problem is that my doctor told me to stop eating so much fruit because my glucose level is a little on the high end of the normal spectrum. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what to eat. Thanks.

PS: I definitely tried to research this on my own, but I feel as if a lot of food suggestions that meet the above criteria also cause acne, like potatoes and nuts.

MemberMember
(@piotrj)

Posted : 12/25/2016 6:31 am

Meat, fish, eggs, sweet potatoes, cocount oil. Plus some fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds to top it off. You can pull off 3000kcal on this rather easily.

Although my concern is that even if the foods you're eating are 100% whole, unprocessed healthy foods, eating a hypercaloric diet might itself cause acne, no matter what foods you eat. I don't know whether this is true or not... I hope not.

Edit: I see you mention potatoes causing acne in your post. That is absolutely not true. Tubers are a staple food on the Kitava island. No one suffers from acne there. Nuts MAY cause a problem for a small group for people, if you they do cause a problem for you, you can just exclude them from their diet. They aren't a main calorie source anyway, just a small healthy addition.

Coce99 liked
MemberMember
(@coce99)

Posted : 12/25/2016 6:59 pm

Id like to add, maybe you are good with Oats gluten free ofc. Pea, hemp or rice protein powder. Bacon, eggs, rice or corn pasta. Rice is a staple bb food and its gluten free. Avocados.
Im intolerant on peanuts but i can eat almonds, i do consume alot of almond butter.