Notifications
Clear all

Why does Dairy/Gluten only trigger SOME people?! AND WHY ME

MemberMember
(@bellarose1991)

Posted : 12/22/2016 3:26 pm

I am dairy and gluten intolerant and know I should cut it out, but I look at people with clear glowing skin, stuffing their faces with cheeseburgers from McDonalds, and am extremely, extremely confused!!! Someone please explain this to me. Also, I was vegan and gf for 8 months, dancing everyday and STILL had spots. 

Please help me if you know anything about this subject. I was wondering if childhood diet has anything to do with it? When I was younger I used to eat so much melted cheese and french baguette - do you think this overload made me more susceptible? Does ethnicity have anything to do with it? I am white
(eastern european, irish, english, french descent). 

Thanks for helping an sharing any of your experience, and I hope your acne troubles aren't as bad as mine are - I'm trying really hard to keep positive that things will get better!

MemberMember
(@hello_friend)

Posted : 04/13/2017 3:45 pm

Your childhood diet doesn't have anything to do with your gluten and dairy intolerance. An gluten or dairy intolerance isgenetically determined and doesn't develop itself by having bad diet habits. You're just really unlucky that you have those intolerances. You need to live with it.

There are actually many alternatives for gluten and dairy so I don't think you should worry about it to much.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/15/2017 1:27 pm

Depending on what dairy product your speaking of, its loaded with sugar. And 9 times out of 10, gluten free products contain high amounts of sugar. Have you cut out sugar? Bread? Pasta? White rice and white flour?

MemberMember
(@hello_friend)

Posted : 04/27/2017 11:25 am

Well I break out really bad especially from sugar. Dairy doesn't harm me to much, but everybody is different so I should just try out what works best for you. Try to cut out (added) sugar for a couple of weeks and see how your skin reacts. You can do the same with dairy a couple weeks later.

Keep in mind that acne doesn't form itself overnight or something, you really should see a difference in 2 to 3 weeks!

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 07/10/2017 4:01 pm

maybe you're developing lactose intolerance?

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/12/2017 1:20 am

Because acne is caused by hormonal imbalance. Dairy contains a ton of animal and synthetic hormones and gluten messes up the digestive track (it is a big, sticky protein), causing disruption to nutrient absorption (also impacts on hormones).

Most Europeans are not genetically lactose intolerant, but no adult produces enough lactase for a smooth digestion of it anyway! I have had a genetic test and am not intolerant to lactose or gluten, but both upset my system and lead to spots.

I believe that moderate acne mostly stems from genes linking to nutrient break down and absorption. I have genes relating to poor folate, Omega 3 and antioxidant needs (to quell inflammation) and, when I am on top of these I have no acne.