Notifications
Clear all

Help Fix Skin After Salicylic Acid

MemberMember
(@helpfixmyskin)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:22 pm

Okay, so.. I am going on vacation to meet a girl over NYE weekend. I don't really have acne on my facee other than a blemish or two at any given time (nothing to really worry about). But, for some reason, at the age of 28 I've developed some acne on my back/triceps/shoulders. It came outta nowhere and is some of the worst acne I've had in my life as far as number of blemishes.

I decided a few days ago that I'd go get some Neutrogena (with 2% SA) to wash my back with in an attempt to clear some of it up. I don't know why, but I decided to use it on my face as well because I figured it would help me to have minimum blemishes come my vacation. I washed my face with it two times a day for 2 or 3 days. I haven't washed with it in a couple days--I stopped using it all together.

My face is very dry, tight, flakey, and kind of red/irritated. Despite my skin feeling tight, when I scrunch my face or make nearly any expression it makes my skin look wrinkly. My back/shoulders has handled it a little better but also feel very dry.

---

I've been applying Keri moisturizing lotion to my face (mainly to cover up the fact that my face looks like it's shedding but also in an attempt to fix my skin). However, my skin drinks the lotion like a dehydrated person in the desert. I'm not even sure if it's helping.

Basically, I got ~10 days before I leave on vacation. I just want to restore my face/skin so it's not dry, tight, red'ish, flakey, etc. I would have preferred to have a blemish or two on my face than deal with this haha.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on what I should do? Any lotions/oils or routines that would rejuvinate my skin and get it back to normal?

Thanks in advance guys :(

RikiMe liked
MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/21/2016 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear about what happened!
I think you should try Pai's rosehip oil, it's really good. It moisturises the skin and fights against spots too! It balances the skin. You should give it a go. I use it 3 nights a week but you can also add a couple of drops into your moisturiser in the mornings. This is something you can use on your back too.
You could also try a gentle exfoliator to get rid of the flakiness but don't overdo it or it'll be worse! If you do buy products don't buy them for acne prone skin or they'll make your skin worse - get them for sensitive skin and make sure they are non-comedogenic so they don't give you spots.
I hope your skin improves in time!