Notifications
Clear all

30-Day No Makeup Challenge- Who's With Me?

MemberMember
(@cookiemonster555)

Posted : 12/20/2016 10:13 am

Hi everyone. I have posted a few times on here now, always on the "emotional and psychological effects of acne" page, because that's the most important one, I feel. I started having acne when I was 13 (I am 22 now) and have been self-conscious about my face ever since. When I read through peoples' posts, I can relate. I also NEVER go out without makeup, I overanalyze myself in the mirror on the daily, and I hate having my picture taken lest my latest zit shows up on camera. Side note: the state of my acne is mild- I have maybe 10 active pimples of all sizes, and pink scarring on my cheeks. I am also taking Dapsone gel and birth control pills.

Anyway, when will I finally decide that enough is enough? Don't you have enough of obsessing over your skin? The only definite cure, I have decided, at least for myself, is to stop valuing external beauty to such a gross, unnecessary degree. I have been wearing makeup (foundation) basically every single day for the past 10 years of my life, not to enhance my beauty, but to cover up my face in shame. Since I'm so used to seeing my face all covered up, my natural face seems distorted, ugly, and in need of fixing. Let's not lie to ourselves- makeup can be severely damaging to the self-esteem when it's used as a crutch.

Starting today, December 20th, I will not wear makeup for 30 days straight. I'll fly through Christmas and New Year's, and take family photos, all without my thick mask that shields me from my true self everyday. And guess what? I'LL SURVIVE.

Who is with me? At the end of 30 days I will post my emotional and psychological results. I hope that as time goes on, I will realize that people don't care about my acne as much as I think they do, and that beauty truly is on the inside...

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 12/31/2016 10:17 am

how its going?