Notifications
Clear all

Treatments keep failing and I'm suffering. Need hope!

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 12/19/2016 6:17 pm

I've been trying to improve a bad prominent forehead scar for almost 2 years now. I have tried everything: surgery, filler, 2 sessions of microneedling, 3 sessions of various lasers, 1 session of subcision. Nothing has improved it. Absolutely nothing. I am severely depressed and feel so demoralized and frustrated. Iam at a complete loss. This scar has ruined my confidence and self-worth. I can't stand looking in mirrors or taking pictures and this is ruining my life. I suffer everyday. i can't give up hope that it can be improved. What else should I try? The latest derm is performing fraxel dualand says I'll be happy with 3-4 treatments. I've seen zero results so far.

Im trying to stay positive and hopeful that I can eventually get it to a point that I can live with but when I have had zero improvement after all of this time and treatments, it really makes me feel hopeless.

it just seems like successful scar treatments are few and far between.

I really need some hope! Do I need more subcision? Will a master injector for filler make a difference? Maybe I need more patience with the lasers??

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:55 am

There's a review here with photo by "Jonathan S". The scar is almost invisible.. I guess some people heal better than others?

https://www.yelp.com.au/biz/jimmy-s-firouz-md-facs-beverly-hills?page_src=best_of_yelp

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 12/20/2016 5:00 am

Also I had a small excision done along my eyebrow recently and the scar is almost invisible (ignore the scab). I'm actually going to ask the same doctor to do a revision of a couple other scars, including a mole removal done by a plastic surgeon - even though it was a plastic surgeon he still left me with a scar that can definitely be improved by my most recent doctor. Are you sure you went to a good surgeon? I've forgotten what your scar looks like.

mmmmmmmmm.png

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 12/23/2016 12:47 pm

On December 20, 2016 at 2:00 AM, scarsfade said:

Also I had a small excision done along my eyebrow recently and the scar is almost invisible (ignore the scab). I'm actually going to ask the same doctor to do a revision of a couple other scars, including a mole removal done by a plastic surgeon - even though it was a plastic surgeon he still left me with a scar that can definitely be improved by my most recent doctor. Are you sure you went to a good surgeon? I've forgotten what your scar looks like.

mmmmmmmmm.png

Thanks for your reply. I did go to a highly regarded plastic surgeon for my revision. After it failed, I've consulted with numerous other highly regarded surgeons and not one of them is willing to do another surgery. They all told me that they can't confidently tell me that the new scar would heal any better.

my scar is several millimeters wide, jagged looking, an inch long, white, and depressed.  It also pickers in deeper when I move my eyebrow.

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 12/24/2016 2:59 am

14 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
Thanks for your reply. I did go to a highly regarded plastic surgeon for my revision. After it failed, I've consulted with numerous other highly regarded surgeons and not one of them is willing to do another surgery. They all told me that they can't confidently tell me that the new scar would heal any better.

my scar is several millimeters wide, jagged looking, an inch long, white, and depressed.  It also pickers in deeper when I move my eyebrow.

I guess you are just unlucky with the way you heal.. A well done scar revision should look like this before the stiches come out.

mohs-06.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 12/24/2016 1:28 pm

10 hours ago, scarsfade said:

Thanks. These pics give me hope that maybe more laser treatments with additional subcision and filler can make it better. Is this a reputable clinic? I live in the U.S.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/24/2016 4:07 pm

Do you think another revision could heal better this time because there would be less tension oris that totally out of the question? Not sure if it makes sense but this website blurb kindadescribes what I'm trying to say:

[Edted link out]

Basically the closure is closer together now so would pull apart less like a serial excision.

Was also thinking... have you ever looked into mini punch grafting? Mini punches around 1mm are taken from behind the ear. Same punchesare punched out of scar. Maybe some normal skin could be deposited along the scar line to break it up a little. Disperse the scar so your eye isn't drawn to it so easily and could maybe camouflage better. Usually minipunch grafting is done for hypopigmentation but I recall a member here a while ago said they had it done in Asia for a surgical scar to help blend it better. Unfortunately don't remember the details. Hard to find info but maybe some professionals willing to do some out of the box thinking could help...

The mini punch grafts can be laser resurfaced after to further blend.

[Edited link out]

Check itout. I'm actually considering this option myself to try to blend scar tissue. Still have research to do. Stay strong. The fight isn't over yet is it? The road sureis long though.X

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/24/2016 4:43 pm

Oh btw mini punch grafting for a surgical scar was talked about in this thread if you're interested:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/352685-recell-for-hypopigmentation-burn

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 12/24/2016 5:26 pm

1 hour ago, Ommmmmm said:

Do you think another revision could heal better this time because there would be less tension or is that totally out of the question? Not sure if it makes sense but this website blurb kinda describes what I'm trying to say:

http://www.ocskincancer.com/reconstruction/scar-treatment/scar-revision/  

Basically the closure is closer together now so would pull apart less like a serial excision.

Was also thinking... have you ever looked into mini punch grafting? Mini punches around 1mm are taken from behind the ear. Same punches are punched out of scar. Maybe some normal skin could be deposited along the scar line to break it up a little. Disperse the scar so your eye isn't drawn to it so easily and could maybe camouflage better. Usually mini punch grafting is done for hypopigmentation but I recall a member here a while ago said they had it done in Asia for a surgical scar to help blend it better. Unfortunately don't remember the details. Hard to find info but maybe some professionals willing to do some out of the box thinking could help...

The mini punch grafts can be laser resurfaced after to further blend.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/261991886_Autologous_mini_punch_grafting_in_vitiligo

Check it out. I'm actually considering this option myself to try to blend scar tissue. Still have research to do. Stay strong. The fight isn't over yet is it? The road sure is long though. X

Thanks but none of the doctors I've consulted with have offered any of these treatments. Honestly, I think another surgery is a bad idea. Supposedly i had all of these techniques employed (including Botox to minimize tension) and the scar looks the same as it did pre revision. In fact, it looks a little longer now. I don't think scar revision surgery works very well. Most of the reviews on here and real-self say that it didn't work. If you think about it, when a doctor cuts the skin, they are just creating a new scar and more scar tissue. I just don't see how this helps. And the thought of someone cutting into my face again makes me sick to my stomach.

what about the non-invasive methods? I really think that's my only hope at this point :(

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 12/24/2016 8:44 pm

7 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
Thanks. These pics give me hope that maybe more laser treatments with additional subcision and filler can make it better. Is this a reputable clinic? I live in the U.S.

Yeah I believe so,they are really busy. It's impossible to get an appointment,I think the mainowner has restricted himself toskin cancer surgery only and I managed to book a consult with another girl there but the waitingtime is 5 months.

MemberMember
(@mat123)

Posted : 12/25/2016 10:36 am

This is the time to use micro needling, I see you have booked 2 sessions but that is not enough. You need to do it consistently for at least a month and depending on how deep the scar is you should adopt big size needles.

Every time I used my micro needle treatment I completely got rid of the scars, you couldn't even tell I had scars there, this solution worked for me and so many others, that's why I recommend it.

check out this micro needle/derma roller review and will take you step by step on how to use it correctly for most effective results:
[link removed]

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 12/25/2016 1:33 pm

On 26/12/2016 at 4:36 AM, mat123 said:

This is the time to use micro needling, I see you have booked 2 sessions but that is not enough. You need to do it consistently for at least a month and depending on how deep the scar is you should adopt big size needles.

Every time I used my micro needle treatment I completely got rid of the scars, you couldn't even tell I had scars there, this solution worked for me and so many others, that's why I recommend it.

check out this micro needle/derma roller review and will take you step by step on how to use it correctly for most effective results:

Do you have pictures to prove it? Otherwise I feel as though this is an ad to try and sell this dermaroller. It is impossible to completely remove scars.

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 12/25/2016 2:52 pm

Hey, this is just something that came to mind but have you ever seen the Television show "Botched"? You should try to contact that doctor Terry Dubrow's office, they do pretty mazing work on the show. I think that if anyone can fix it they can. Although, it definitely will be a process and a trip to California. Worth a shot IMO.