Notifications
Clear all

How Severe is my acne, and What can be Done to Help it?

MemberMember
(@logan73)

Posted : 12/19/2016 12:07 pm

I've had acne for about two years. It was never really that bad, so I thought, but now it's terrible. Maybe they just weren't red before. This summer, I would go out every three days and tan. This includes my face. I'm pretty sure that tanning caused all of my acne to turn red. Many of red spots on my cheek are just red marks, but they're not going away. I wash my face every morning and night. I apply apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil, after a few minutes I apply Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel. How severe is my acne, and was  tanning that caused this outbreak of red pimples and spots? Thank you.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 12/19/2016 12:18 pm

Your acne is not that bad. You must protect those remarks from sun. I always wear hat or even use umbrella to cover my face in sun

Logan73 liked
MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 12/19/2016 12:44 pm

I wouldn't use TTO, ACV and AHA together.

From what I can see you have little active acne and lot's of hyperpigmentation. If I was you I would use moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning and AHA in the evening before bed.

and remember ALWAYS use sunscreen every morning before going out even if its cloudy. If you do that it will heal much faster.

Tea tree oil and ACV will not really do much for hyperpigmentation so you can stop using them while you are treating it.

I can personally recommend Cerave SPF50 sunscreen.

RikiMe and Logan73 liked
MemberMember
(@logan73)

Posted : 12/19/2016 12:57 pm

15 minutes ago, 98ba said:

I wouldn't use TTO, ACV and AHA together.

From what I can see you have little active acne and lot's of hyperpigmentation. If I was you I would use moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning and AHA in the evening before bed.

and remember ALWAYS use sunscreen every morning before going out even if its cloudy. If you do that it will heal much faster.

Tea tree oil and ACV will not really do much for hyperpigmentation so you can stop using them while you are treating it.

I can personally recommend Cerave SPF50 sunscreen.

Is the sunscreen scentless? How long would it take for the red spots to fade with sun screen and AHA? Also, I havesome Aloe Vera gel available if it is useful.

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 12/19/2016 1:50 pm

48 minutes ago, Logan73 said:
Is the sunscreen scentless? How long would it take for the red spots to fade with sun screen and AHA? Also, I havesome Aloe Vera gel available if it is useful.

Yes, it's scentless.

In your case I will say the hyperpigmentation will take around 8 - 10 months to fully fade. Don't expect an overnight cure for hyperpigmentation because that doesn't exist.

I also wouldn't use the Aloe Vera since most of the Aloe gels can have a lot of additives which can be bad for your skin.

Logan73 liked