Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Day 3 Dizziness

MemberMember
(@niftylizard)

Posted : 12/18/2016 5:55 pm

I've been on 1 40mg accutane pill a day for only 3 days now and today I began to experience extreme dizziness and felt very unstable, it has calmed down a little bit now, but I still feel slighly dizzy. Should I be worried about this? Should I take another pill tonight or wait until I can talk to my doctor? (It is the weekend) 

MemberMember
(@chumpmagump)

Posted : 12/18/2016 6:03 pm

Hey ! Completely relate ... I took a 20 mg pill a few days ago and 6 hours later woke up with pretty bad nausea and then got so dizzy i actually lost hearing for a few minutes , didn't faint though almost. Are you on a antibiotic as well? I took erthrymycin too that day and i don't think i drunk enough water :/

I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning ( i took it at night maybe it's better in the day?) . Make sure you eat  a fat soluble meal with it and if the dizziness increases maybe they can lower your dose for a bit. 

MemberMember
(@niftylizard)

Posted : 12/19/2016 2:37 am

Man that sucks! No I'm not on an antibiotic, only the accutane, hopefully neither of us get anymore side effects, this drug can be scary!

MemberMember
(@emt123)

Posted : 12/20/2016 1:59 am

On my Accutane box it states dizziness can be due to increased pressure of the brain. I would call your doctor to be sure. Especially if you are experiencing the dizziness while following the rules on keeping up with your fluid intake and eating enough.

MemberMember
(@niftylizard)

Posted : 12/20/2016 3:49 am

I talked to my doctor about it, he said that it probably isn't a serious side effect and that he doesn't think it's related to the intracranial pressure because I don't have any of the other side effects related to that, he says I'm just getting used to the drug.

MemberMember
(@emt123)

Posted : 12/20/2016 4:20 am

Good to hear it wasn't anything more serious :D I started Zenatane only about 4 days ago. I'm kind of nervous about potential side effects, but good so far!