Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NPS

Can this be improved on? (pics)

I used to have severe breakouts during puberty. And for the past year i have done laser facial and intracel but without significant improvement. At this point i am really clueless on how to handle it now. would appreciate any advices or help thanks :'(

20161218_160837.jpg20161218_161007.jpg

Fraxel laser is good for a lot of things, but it is not great for anything. You will need a series of treatments before you see any results for acne scars.

Your first step is finding a good dermatologist. If they do not use angled lighting when examining your acne scars, then they are not experts in that field. 

Your acne scars look like a mixture of boxcar scars and ice pick scars. Fortunately, these are some of the easiest scars to treat. I would imagine that a dermatologist would recommend TCA cross ( probably close to 100% TCA if not 100% ). You will probably need to have two sessions of this. This is a great treatment as it can get close to 100% improvement on ice pick scars. Then, a fully ablative Erbium laser would be best for your skin type. I have seen Dr Davin Lim get 95% - 100 % improvement on boxcar and icepick scarring. 

Good luck! 

Edited by AlexxelA