Notifications
Clear all

Acne help!!! I don't know what type of acne i have?!!!

MemberMember
(@tyacin123)

Posted : 12/17/2016 11:49 am

Right, so I have been suffering from these bumps across my forehead for about 6 months. I've tried benzoyl peroxide in hopes that it would clear away these bumps for about 1 month. It dried up my skin completely although did not remove the bumps. I'm starting to think that it is some sort of folliculitis as they first started across my hair line and gradually moved towards between my eyebrows and a few near my nose next to my cheeks. I've tried Nizarol and this has cleared up the bumps to some extent but I began forming  1 or two bigger bumps beneath my skin. I even thought I had candida due to these bumps as malezzia folliculitis is due to some sort of yeast overgrowth, I've tried the candida spit test which determined that i did not have candida. I'm also starting to think I have milia. These bumps are horrible, I've got them on my back and my chest too. Any suggestions on treatments that can help make this go away? 

IMG_4324.PNG

IMG_4333.PNG

IMG_4334.PNG

MemberMember
(@gracilesalami)

Posted : 12/17/2016 1:59 pm

That's normal acne. A cause of that acne on your forehead could be stress. you should stop using the porixide and chose some acne face wash. I use X-out proactive, in which I recommend. Although it expensive, it seems you may get more acne as time goes by (puberty). You don't have to use that specific face wash, but a face wash is needed to get rid or elements Mostof your acne. It will not be instant recovery, wait a while for it to affect your face.

Tyacin123 liked
MemberMember
(@tyacin123)

Posted : 12/18/2016 6:23 am

UPDATE: I went to the dermatologist today and after looking at the bumps on my chest, back and forehead she prescribed me with two medicines: 10 capsules of the antibiotic doxycycline100 mg and a cream and differinadapalene 0.1. I mentioned the folliculitis and she believes that it is normal acne. I'm just afraid that the antibiotic could cause more bumps to form.

MemberMember
(@tyacin123)

Posted : 12/18/2016 9:04 am

19 hours ago, GracileSalami said:

That's normal acne. A cause of that acne on your forehead could be stress. you should stop using the porixide and chose some acne face wash. I use X-out proactive, in which I recommend. Although it expensive, it seems you may get more acne as time goes by (puberty). You don't have to use that specific face wash, but a face wash is needed to get rid or elements Mostof your acne. It will not be instant recovery, wait a while for it to affect your face.

and why might it not be mallezzia folliculitis?

MemberMember
(@tyacin123)

Posted : 12/18/2016 1:08 pm