Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate to break it to you but what we can and can't eat differs from monkeys. We are a higher species and can digest more complex things, we have adapted.

I'd also like to point out that if you were really serious about all this, you would know that we evolved form apes, not monkeys and that apes are no more like monkeys than we are.

I believe that vitamin C and protein are perhaps the two most important essential nutrients. Whenever I ride my bike after eating sugar, I don't crave more sugar(like you normally would if you don't exercise), I crave proteins-filled food, and then after a long period, I crave oranges. Exercise is said to normalize metabolism so I trust my body when it says I need those things.

Really, when it comes down to it, vitamins A and E's main function is no more than to serve as anti-oxidants, which vitamin C can do. The B vitamins is needed to metabolize the calories-specific nutrients like sugar, protein, and fat, but there are a lot of different kinds of B vitamins that you're bound to eat a food that have them anyway. The problem is when you don't metabolize those calories and let it deposit in your system, not because that you don't have enough nutrients to metabolize them.

Note that once again, it comes down to caloric intake and anti-oxidants. Reduce the former and increase the latter, and you'll have a long lasting life.

As for protein, well my bio teacher once told me that without protein, your organs would simply shut down. Also, the fact that we don't break out on a high protein diet should tell you something. Theoreotically, we can live on a diet without either carbohydrates or fat, but not protein(the body will convert the carbohydrates into fat if there's no fat, or burn fat and protein for energy if there's no carbohydrates).

I believe that vitamin C and protein are perhaps the two most important essential nutrients. Theoreotically, we can live on a diet without either carbohydrates or fat, but not protein(the body will convert the carbohydrates into fat if there's no fat, or burn fat and protein for energy if there's no carbohydrates).

Well, yes, but the very same source also cites...

''Does all the seemingly conflicting research presented in this article frustrate you? Welcome to nutrition. It’s a world where consensus forms slowly and we have to think for ourselves based on as much scientific evidence (not emotional conviction) as we can scrounge.

Hey, don’t shoot the messenger. Recent findings are important, yes, but let’s also remember that they don’t yet constitute unanimous condemnation among all healthcare authorities. We can't be content with selective citations, either pro or con. There’s just too much out there on both sides to ignore. At the very least, we should stay abreast of new research, both positive and negative. (Yes, there's a ton of positive research out there too, even in this article’s references, but we already know a lot about that.)''

Monkey diet is richer in vitamins and minerals than human diet, UC Berkeley anthropologist discovers

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/release.../5-18-1999.html

Sorry you've had problems on this board. :( Unfortunately, it seems only a small portion of people will ever really see the truth about health. People are so into what's "mainstream." Yikes!

I LOVE all the studies you have posted about the diet of monkeys and thier effects!! Very interesting! They go along with green smoothies: Fabulous Skin Food. Green smoothies consists of what chimpanzees (who our DNA is most closely related to) eat in the wild - about 40% fruit and 60% greens. After about 6 weeks of drinking 4 cups of this a day, my acne stopped. I have been drinking these daily for several months now. I believe greens are the most important part of the diet. If you want to read more about them (you probably already know about them, I'm sure!), click here: Ode to Green Smoothies.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman (www.drfuhrman.com; www.diseaseproof.com) (who is, surprisingly, actually fairly mainstream) is one of the doctors for the Discovery Health Channel. He evaluates TONS of research, and he too believes greens to be the most important part of the diet. He believes in a mostly vegan diet, based on all the research he has studied. He evaluates research that has been done by peer reviewed studies - very credible research.

Anyway, just wanted to say I agree with what you're promoting and believe in it. It's great that you're trying to get the word out there and help people. If only there were more wise, good-hearted people in this world like you. :)

Hey MelbourneBloke

You're not the only one who had unexplainable problems with certain individuals

It's mind blowing how genuinely ignorant and narrow mindedness certain people can be (concerning their absolutist and their lack of ductility) and it's not wonder that their black and white thinking made so many people dislike them and ignore the thread where the post on.

There's an ignore buttons somewhere, you should learn to use it

I think the whole thread was very interesting and there's a person that would love I'm sure to discuss all of this with us: Jane Goodall

As you know she's a very famous primatologist but she has been interested like for example Jared Diamond on the pros and cons of what we call "civilization" (but which clearly isn't)

According to Diamond all the problems we have we created ourselves and he has pretty convincing scientific basis to claim this. According to Goodall we could imitate many things our primate cousins do in order to improve our life

It's simple not true that we would die eating the diet that higher primates like us eat

For example the diet of bonobos would be suited for humans and would not kill us by whatever extent

The link with the paleolithic diet and the hunter-gatherer diets is a right one

The diet of higher primates is produces dominated yet not vegetarian

Goodall has researched the diet and dietary habits of all primate groups and in her last book (Harvest for Hope) she mentions how we could mimic a "primate diet" in a way that would allow us to achieve better health and safeguard the environment

The benefits she says would be an overall increased nutritional density, a decreased caloric density and a better bioavailability of nutrients