Notifications
Clear all

Switching from acne.org regimen to LUSH products.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/15/2016 2:59 pm

Okay so, I have been using the acne.org regimen since April. I think this year was by far the worst year for my face to break out.(2016 is terrible in general). When I used the product in April through July my face was cleared up. I had some blemishes, but were not too bad. By that time, I became a little careless, I still went with the regimen, but I would run out of some products and just wait till they came in the mail. I didn't use any backup products as I was too cocky that my skin didn't needed them urgently. Sooo, by September, I broke out once again. Only this time I felt my acne become super worse. I am on the regimen, taking my time, following the directions, and I am thinking about switching to LUSH. I tried LUSH last year. My friend recommend that I should try it. I used the Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask, the Aqua Marina Cleanser, Tea Tree Water, and Neutrogena On The Spot Acene Cream. I had smooth, clear, skin. I got compliments left to right. I am thinking about switching back to LUSH, but fear that it may not work due to the fact my skin has gotten used to the acne.org regimen. Is this a good idea to do? Or I'm I just asking for another major breakout? Please help.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/17/2016 2:13 am

Lush products contain fragrance which is really harsh on sensitive skin. Have you tried the burts bees acne products?

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/18/2016 6:24 pm

@Naturalcure1Really? I did not know that, I never tried the Burts Bees acne products. Do they work?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 12/19/2016 10:18 am

Personally, I haven't had the best experience with Lush skincare products. I like their Face Masks & their body products. But, I've tried a few of their face washes, cleansers and toners and they always seem to either irritate my skin or do nothing for it. The only cleanser I've had good luck with, which I currently use, is aquamarina. I love that one! There are so many great reviews for all of their products online, so I guess it's really a hit or miss for some people.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/28/2016 12:23 pm

@kelbell812Yeah, I love the Aquamarina cleanser too. When I used LUSH, I used the Aquamarina, The Blueberry Mask (Catastrophe Cosmetic) and their Tea Tree Water. I loved how these products made my skin super smooth and soft, and I did not have a single pimple. But, I don't know like this year, I just broke out and the LUSH products weren't cutting it. So I looked up some other products on YouTube and I found acne. org. It worked for me from April to July, BUT I broke out again in August. So, I am just looking in case I do decide to switch. I heard natural was better, than putting chemicals in your face, but I am still researching.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 12/28/2016 3:13 pm

@Sa-man-duhAre you taking any medications/hormonal treatments/supplements or anything like that to treat it? Or have you gotten any tests done. Maybe it's more of an internal issue if it keeps coming back. Sometimes skincare alone doesn't cut it and you have to treat it from both the inside and the outside. I like using more natural products when I can, but they don't always work for me. I use a combination of natural/drugstore products.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/28/2016 5:14 pm

@kelbell812 I am not taking any medications/hormonal treatments at this moment, the only time I had taken medications for my acne was about 4 years ago, and it didn't help due to the fact that the medications made me lose a large number of weight; I felt nauseous all the time. As for supplements I take anAll-in-One Daily Greens and Replenishing Herbs mixture, and that is really it. I read that fish oil pills help and biotin. But, now that I think about it, I took Biotin pills back in Late August or September and after the first week of taking those I broke out like crazy. I think I just solved my problem! Are Biotin pills known for breakouts? Well what about drinking like apple cider vinegar with water and lemon? I heard that works sometimes. I use to use alot of drugstore products, nothing really helped. Till a friend said, "Natural is better, try LUSH!" and yeah after that I had smooth clear skin. Now, I have been on the regimen for 8 months. I just want the blemishes gone, I dont really have breakouts anymore, just those dang red spots.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 12/28/2016 9:29 pm

4 hours ago, Sa-man-duh said:
@kelbell812 I am not taking any medications/hormonal treatments at this moment, the only time I had taken medications for my acne was about 4 years ago, and it didn't help due to the fact that the medications made me lose a large number of weight; I felt nauseous all the time. As for supplements I take anAll-in-One Daily Greens and Replenishing Herbs mixture, and that is really it. I read that fish oil pills help and biotin. But, now that I think about it, I took Biotin pills back in Late August or September and after the first week of taking those I broke out like crazy. I think I just solved my problem! Are Biotin pills known for breakouts? Well what about drinking like apple cider vinegar with water and lemon? I heard that works sometimes. I use to use alot of drugstore products, nothing really helped. Till a friend said, "Natural is better, try LUSH!" and yeah after that I had smooth clear skin. Now, I have been on the regimen for 8 months. I just want the blemishes gone, I dont really have breakouts anymore, just those dang red spots.

Ive deffinetly heard of biotin creating acne for some!

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 12/29/2016 8:28 am

10 hours ago, Exning said:
Ive deffinetly heard of biotin creating acne for some!

I've heard this too.

As for the ACV/lemon water, I think it's very healthy but I've never really seen changes in my skin whether or not a drink it. I usually drink lemon water once a day, and I drink water with ACV after eating a big meal or if I feel bloated to help settle my stomach.

I made a post recently about my progress with fading the red marks on my skin - feel free to check that out!!

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/29/2016 9:55 am

@kelbell812 Okay, thank you for all your help!