Notifications
Clear all

Recommendation for moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 12/14/2016 2:55 pm

I have oily skin and have tried every moisturizer out there. I also have a beard so getting moisturizer in my facial hair is really annoying. I just picked up honest amish beard oil and beard balm. Stuff works amazing as it conditions my facial hair. Instead of using a moisturizer i been using coconut oil as I heard the benefits. Very few cases I heard of people getting breakouts from it as it clogs pores. I have had a few issues but not much. I did have a flare up of cysts but majority of them are gone. I dont know if the coconut oil contributed to the flare up. If the coconut oil was the reason then why not get breakouts all over my face instead of around my nose like it did. Anyways i need a good recommendation for a moisturizer. Any suggestions. Im thinking i do coconut oil at night and moistirizer during the day.

MemberMember
(@mat123)

Posted : 12/17/2016 2:16 pm

I too have oily skin, a lot of the moisturizers I have tried make my skin feel even more oily.
After going through so many different moisturizers I finally found one which does not make skin feel oily and helps tone and lighten my skin...

It's called "aloe vera" and there are a lot of different types of aloe vera moisturizers out there and if you want to see the one I use here is a link:

UK: [Edited link out]

if you live in the US I could not find the one I use but I looked around and found out that this one is pretty good too: [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 12/17/2016 8:26 pm

Alba Botanica's Green Tea & Aloe moisturizer is great for reducing oilyness. Probably cheapest on Vitacost

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/19/2016 9:25 am

I use Avene's cleanance mate and works great, controls oil. It's not a heavy duty moisturiser but I use it every morning with rosehip oil at night and it's good even in winter.