Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!

I just ordered my kit along with both the jojoba oil and the aha treatment and I will be starting it very soon. My question is about using makeup while on the regimen. I know it recommends not using makeup, but that just isn't possible for me in the type of job I have. I currently use clinique stay matte with a real techniques beauty blender type sponge. I feel like I have acne cosmetica on my chin because of it. I was looking at switching to Cover FX liquid foundation because its water based and doesn't contain a lot of ingredients that are on Dan's do not use list. Any suggestions? I've used almay before and really just didn't like the result I got from it. Has the formula improved? If you use it, do you feel it gives good coverage and has a nice looking finish? Any tips would be appreciated! Please don't tell me to just not use makeup. I'm looking for tips on the best line/brand to use. Application tips would be helpful, as well! Thanks! 

I used the Almay makeup. I found that applying it once I finished doing the Regimen caused chunks of skin to peel. This happened because when you're on the Regimen, your skin easily and readily peels because of the treatment, so that wasn't an option for me. I then started to mix it with the moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer, and it glided on much more easily. Plus it's better for acne-prone skin since you're not applying it straight. Wasn't full coverage, but I was okay with that since my skin looked more or less normal.