Notifications
Clear all

What is this sudden acne breakout?

MemberMember
(@jensjens)

Posted : 12/14/2016 7:07 am

So I woke up a few days ago with inflamed forehead. I don't know what's happening. Can you identify what I have? I bought 5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel and have been using it for four days now. My forehead is a little red and inflamed because of that. Also, some of them hurt a bit but mostly it's just bumpiness. I have no idea what's going on. The Benzoyl Peroxide is helping a bit but I have been using it for four days only so I can't say much. Will this be easy to treat ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/14/2016 7:28 am

Benzoyl peroxide caused me an initial breakout when I used it about 3 years back, so it could be that. Irritation also contributes to acne breakouts, so its in your best interest to try to prevent that. Are you using a moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@jensjens)

Posted : 12/14/2016 8:24 am

54 minutes ago, Tretinoin said:

Benzoyl peroxide caused me an initial breakout when I used it about 3 years back, so it could be that. Irritation also contributes to acne breakouts, so its in your best interest to try to prevent that. Are you using a moisturizer?

Yes, I use panthenol moisturizer because this benzoyl peroxide stuff dries out my skin a lot

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/14/2016 8:29 am

2 minutes ago, jensjens said:
58 minutes ago, Tretinoin said:

Yes, I use panthenol moisturizer because this benzoyl peroxide stuff dries out my skin a lot

Yeah its a good idea to start slow with the BP. Your acne doesn't look bad at all, just looks like some inflamed clogged pores. The reason why it looks worse is cause of the overall redness.

How often are you using the BP?

MemberMember
(@jensjens)

Posted : 12/14/2016 1:26 pm

Everynight after I wash my face. I moisturize heavy in the morning