Notifications
Clear all

Best face wash?

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 12/13/2016 9:09 am

So I have very sensitive skin and I know everyone's skin is different. Men have thicker skin so for men out there what face wash do you use. I seem to be getting an unusual amount of cysts as of late and have been doing the same routine for months. I have 2 face cleansers....Cetaphil which I use in morning and Desert Essence which is tea tree oil that I use at night. I will not use a benzoyl or salicylic acid cleanser as it really dries my skin since I use those products after I was my face. I was leaning towards Biore charcoal cleansers. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 12/13/2016 11:52 am

I use Cetaphil,too! Has anything changed in your environment, such as the temperature? Is your face becoming drier during this time of the year? What type of moisturizer do you use?

I haven't heard anything about the Biore Charcoal Cleansers specifically, but I've heard several people say that Biore products aren't gentle on the skin. I have tried products that contained charcoal, and while they are nice products, they seem to be a little rough on my skin. If you do decide to go with the charcoal, make sure to be careful and maybe start out on a section of your face before trying it out on your entire face.

Hope this helped!

MemberMember
(@symph0nik)

Posted : 12/13/2016 6:02 pm

I went through multiple products that proved counterproductive. At the moment, the cleanserI use is Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin. It's fragrance free, which is preferable because fragrances are neutral at best for your skin, they're included for scent purposes only. I don't know for sure how effective it's been, but I do know that it causes no irritation or subsequent flare ups, and seems to wash away the oiliness moderately well without being over-drying.

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 12/14/2016 12:12 am

I have used Cetaphil for months and really saw no improvement on preventing future breakouts. I used Biore charcoal and my face feels cleaner so we will see. My moisturizer is coconut oil as I heard it has alot of benefits for skin.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 12/14/2016 2:15 pm

14 hours ago, Ccurran86 said:

I have used Cetaphil for months and really saw no improvement on preventing future breakouts. I used Biore charcoal and my face feels cleaner so we will see. My moisturizer is coconut oil as I heard it has alot of benefits for skin.

Sorry Cetaphil didn't work for you! Hopefully Biore will work for you!
You may want to consider chaning your moisturizer though, coconut oil is considered quite comedogenic [according to some people].

Here are some cool articles I found about it:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/80784-7-alternatives-to-coconut-oil-because-your-beloved-coconut-oil-may-clog-your-pores https://bellatory.com/skin/coconut-oil-acne

I guess it also comes down to if you're using it properly and washing it away.

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 12/14/2016 2:49 pm

I don't use alot of coconut oil as I know it can clog pores. I just havent had luck with any moisturizer. I have oily skin and most moisturizers feel like they add to it being oily. I dont wash away the coconut oil until I wash my face again later in the day. If you could recommend a moisturizer that wont break the bank let me know. Cetaphil doesn't work because it doesnt go deep into the pores. It just does the upper layer but it doesnt help prevent breakouts. At least biore does that.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/15/2016 1:05 am

Check out the oil cleansing method. Lots of info on YouTube