Notifications
Clear all

Setting powder/setting spray recommendations?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 12/10/2016 3:35 pm

Hey guys, I need your help. I've only recently come across the idea of using setting powders or setting sprays to make your makeup last longer. This is something I really struggle with due to oiliness as my foundation tends to become a bit of a mess by a few hours in. So I could really do with some recommendations! My main concerns are a ) that it won't break me out and b ) that it won't disturb the makeup underneath that I will have spent a lot of time perfecting to hide all my horrible spots! Very especially the first one..... My skin also tends to be quite dry because of my treatments which can make it look cakey under too much makeup, so nothing too drying either. Maybe that means a spray would be better? I'm totally new to this so a bit clueless! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :) 

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 12/16/2016 12:59 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 12/16/2016 1:51 pm

Hey! Alima Pure has a pretty good one. It did not irritate me and I'm extremely sensitive. Their entire makeup line is way more organic/down to earth compared to other companies where tons of bad ingredients like bismuth oxychloride are in their cosmetic and setting powders. It's also pretty affordable.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 12/17/2016 9:56 am

20 hours ago, cloudydreamer said:

Hey! Alima Pure has a pretty good one. It did not irritate me and I'm extremely sensitive. Their entire makeup line is way more organic/down to earth compared to other companies where tons of bad ingredients like bismuth oxychloride are in their cosmetic and setting powders. It's also pretty affordable. 

Hi, thank you for replying! Not sure how easy it will be to get hold of that in the UK but I will have a search. Do they do a spray or only powders? My skin feels so dry at the moment I don't even know if it could handle powders. Thanks again :)

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 12/17/2016 3:44 pm

5 hours ago, MoonlitRiver said:
Hi, thank you for replying! Not sure how easy it will be to get hold of that in the UK but I will have a search. Do they do a spray or only powders? My skin feels so dry at the moment I don't even know if it could handle powders. Thanks again :)

You're welcome. :) 
They only have a powder as far as I know. But it's super light. It's mineral makeup so you can just dust it on as lightly as you want. 

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/13/2017 4:35 pm

Rose water sprays or pure water sprays are nice for getting rid of the dry look after applying makeup. Or if you use paper to pat the oil off your face throughout the day it may feel a bit dry, so that's another time to use the water spray. I use Evian water spray.

MemberMember
(@anna-jessxx)

Posted : 05/09/2017 11:56 am

revolution has a really good fixing spray that you can get in Superdrug for just 6.00, I use it when I'm planning on having my makeup on for a long time and it really helps with keeping everything smooth and preventing oiliness!

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 05/11/2017 4:45 am

On 3/13/2017 at 9:35 PM, WaterFountain said:

Rose water sprays or pure water sprays are nice for getting rid of the dry look after applying makeup. Or if you use paper to pat the oil off your face throughout the day it may feel a bit dry, so that's another time to use the water spray. I use Evian water spray.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:56 PM, anna.jessxx said:

revolution has a really good fixing spray that you can get in Superdrug for just £6.00, I use it when I'm planning on having my makeup on for a long time and it really helps with keeping everything smooth and preventing oiliness!

Thank you both! I will definitely look into both of those :)