Notifications
Clear all

Dehydrated yet oily skin?

MemberMember
(@joe1066)

Posted : 12/10/2016 3:11 am

Hi everyone, just a question to help narrow down a product that is right for my skin.

I have extremely sensitive dehydrated oily skin which is prone to small breakouts. Over the years I have been on benzoyl peroxide cream and the duac daily gel as well the antibiotics of which I have forgotten the name,
tetraclyine I believe.

Anyhow this was over 3 years ago now and my skin has dramatically improved. ButThese products have drastically dehydrated my skin also.

I use aveeno products to wash and moisturise with as they are sensitive but I suffer dehydrated spells weekly and this is when I break out.

I need a senstitive product that won't irritate my skin or clog pores but will hydrate my skin massively. Whether it be a serum, cream or supplement. Hopefully in turn my extremely oily skin will settle a bit.

Thanks for the help in advance.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/10/2016 8:54 pm

You need to moisturize with humectant ingridients such as hyaluronic acid, ceramides dont tty cerave because if your skin is sensitive it has a ingridient that rates 4 in clogging scale. But yes look for ingridients that are clean and have those. Research hunectant moisturizers may help.

Joe1066 liked
MemberMember
(@joe1066)

Posted : 12/11/2016 8:17 am

11 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

You need to moisturize with humectant ingridients such as hyaluronic acid, ceramides dont tty cerave because if your skin is sensitive it has a ingridient that rates 4 in clogging scale. But yes look for ingridients that are clean and have those. Research hunectant moisturizers may help.

Thanks I'll try and narrow down a product from this now!

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/11/2016 10:43 pm

Cocokind is an awesome all organic line- if I were to recommend one product from them it would be the repair serum- I use it daily and it has also helped clear my acne!

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/12/2016 11:21 am

I recommend rosehip oil, I swear it won't make your skin oily or break you out! It balances the skin by making it less oily and more hydrated. It's really good. I use Pai's one but I think any will do. I use it in the evening, 3 times a week.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 12/12/2016 11:48 am

I would honestly avoid oils and oil cleansing, they can make acne a lot worse if you're unlucky. This moisturizer seems like a good option, people said it's lightweight and has no irritating fatty alcohols or alcohol denat. http://www.dermstore.com/product_PM+Therapy+Facial+Moisturizer+_32761.htm

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/12/2016 12:53 pm

1 hour ago, cloudydreamer said:

I would honestly avoid oils and oil cleansing, they can make acne a lot worse if you're unlucky. This moisturizer seems like a good option, people said it's lightweight and has no irritating fatty alcohols or alcohol denat. http://www.dermstore.com/product_PM+Therapy+Facial+Moisturizer+_32761.htm

I had amazing success from this, as have millions of other people. Just because you've heard bad things, doesn't mean you need to keep steering people away from it.

1 hour ago, RikiMe said:

I recommend rosehip oil, I swear it won't make your skin oily or break you out! It balances the skin by making it less oily and more hydrated. It's really good. I use Pai's one but I think any will do. I use it in the evening, 3 times a week.

Agreed! You would probably love the Cocokind repair serum that contains only 3 ingredients (all organic) which are Rosehip oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. I am obsessed with it!

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 12/12/2016 6:40 pm

5 hours ago, Naturalcure1 said:
I had amazing success from this, as have millions of other people. Just because you've heard bad things, doesn't mean you need to keep steering people away from it. Agreed! You would probably love the Cocokind repair serum that contains only 3 ingredients (all organic) which are Rosehip oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. I am obsessed with it!

Oil cleansing is a huge hit or miss -- I wouldn't want OP to worsen their problem even further. I've seen people have negative reactions more than a month in. So if OP did try it, they need to patch test for like a week or two. It's highly unpredictable. Also, coconut oil is one of the most pore clogging oils out there and super bad for people with cystic acne. (It's actually incredible to me that people do benefit from this at all since technically it should only make people worse.)

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/12/2016 10:40 pm

Sorry, I disagree with you. You have never tested it, therefore I don't think it is fair for you to touch on it. If you did your research and tried out the oils you would have a completely different opinion.

MemberMember
(@nishkatt05)

Posted : 12/13/2016 1:08 am

Actually I tried oils back in 2013. Jojoba and rosehip to be precise- all they gave me were a comedonal rash on my forehead that only went away with aha exfoliation. The dr.dennis gross alpha-beta peel to be precise. Oils don't work for everyone. Everyone has different skin and different breakout triggers.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/13/2016 4:56 pm

@Nishkatt05Never said they worked for everyone, but they worked great for me and millions of others! My point is you shouldn't stear someone away from something just because it didn't work for you, especially if it's all natural and chemical free.

MemberMember
(@nishkatt05)

Posted : 12/14/2016 3:02 am

I don't think cloudy dreamer was steering anyone away from oils. She was merely cautioning people to be careful and to patch test on a piece of skin before they went ahead with oils. And from my experience, rightfully so.