Notifications
Clear all

Horrible cyst type acne on jawline... Please help!

MemberMember
(@nymeria)

Posted : 12/07/2016 2:54 am

Hey everyone. 

So early to mid September I began to get a rash on my neck which was very itchy. I used vitamin E gel on it for a couple of weeks which cleared it up (I mention this because I'm not sure if it's related to the acne or not but it might be).

Soon after that cleared up, I began to notice spots on the right and left side of my neck near the jaw line, just underneath. I didn't think anything of it as I sometimes get the odd one or two on my neck and I was due on my period too. But ever since then (even when not due on my period) they have gotten much worse. More have, and are continuing to appear, and mostly they don't have heads on them. They're big, painful cyst type ones that take ages to go away. 

I wash and cleanse my neck and face every night but this doesn't seem to be helping the neck ones. I haven't changed my skin care routine, haven't changed my diet, this has literally come out of the blue, I've never had them this bad in this location before. 

I used to have sevre acne in my late teens (27 now) and was on accutane for a while which cleared it right up. But now these have come up out of nowhere and it's really knocking my confidence and getting me down :(

I don't think I'm stressed over anything and sometimes don't get as much sleep as I'd like but it's nothing major. I don't know how to explain it. 

Anybody have any advice for making these go away? I'm really desperate here. Any help would be much appreciated! 

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/07/2016 6:59 am

Hi Nymeria,

Sorry to hear that, I think sometimes skin can do these things to us and the explanation isn't always easy to find. Those two events could be unrelated, but could also be related and your body is trying to tell you something. However, if you haven't had any important changes on your diet or lifestyle, it's normal for you to be confused.Have you started to use turtle neck tops? Or scarfs? Coats zipped up? Sometimes clothes can be the source.

Do you use any other products on your neck, other than washing? Rosehip oil is meant to be very good for cysts. I know using an oil is scary but I took the plunge and I'm really happy, I use Pai's rosehip bioregenerate oil on my face, hydrates my skin and make my cysts go away very fast. I use it 30 minutes before bed so my skin can absorb it fully, 3 times a week.

Other than that, I started to drink lemon with water (squeeze half a lemon into a glass and add warm water) in the mornings, as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach, and I can see the difference on my skin. It's an easy and cheap thing to try so I would recommend you do it!

Hope your skin gets better, keep us posted!