Notifications
Clear all

Any product recommendations for red marks

MemberMember
(@luluj)

Posted : 12/05/2016 9:13 am

Hi.

So ive been using the acne.org regimen for almost 3 months now and so far so good!

I had always had really good skin and never suffered from acne, although I would get the odd spot but it would always heal quick and never scar or leave a mark.

It wasn't until earlier this year I stopped taking my birth control pills and my face broke out within days! The spots were so painful and not like any I had ever had. They were cystic and big!
I went back on the pill, however a different one this time and I think this caused further problems.

About a month after the breakout I went back on my original pill and my face started to calm down, but wasn't the same. It wasn't until July I realised the spots had left hyperpigmentation but this may have been due to the fact I went away a lot in the summer and I don't tend to protect my skin as it's rare I burn. ( I've now learnt to never do this again! )

During the summer I had two saclylic acid peels by a skin clinic which were very expensive and was doing my own light glycolic acid peels. I can't say I really saw a difference and feel this was a waste of money. It did make my skin feel smooth though.

So I was looking everyday on the internet until I found this chat room. The reviews were very good so I decided it was worth a shot. I started the regimen mid September and almost a few days in I noticed the difference! Although the first few weeks the BP stung like hell and my face was constantly itchy! However I was amazed and so happy I found this and would chose red, itchy skin over acne any day. It has cleared my skin so much and it's very smooth and I rarely get spots anymore - maybe 2-3 small spots a month!

However, I still have a few red marks left over that do not seem to be fading. Could anyone recommend any products to help this? I am interested in incorporating the AHA into my regimen. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/05/2016 1:01 pm

Hi!

I have recently started to use rosehip oil (pai's rosehip biogenerate oil) and although it's too soon to tell for me, it's meant to be very good for marks and scars. It has helped me with acne though and it moisturises my skin. I know an "oil" is scary but it doesn't make my skin shiny, it's actually quite matte once it dries (aprox 10 min). Might be worth trying.

I also use Skinceutical's blemish+age defense. It's pricier but it has helped me with marks. It does dry my skin slightly.

I also came off the pill a month ago and was dreading the acne coming back, but it hasn't so far. I was prepared though! I hope it stays this way!

Even though it sucks,marks take long to heal. Sun makes it worse though so high spf sunscreen is always a good idea!

Hope it helps!

Luluj liked
MemberMember
(@luluj)

Posted : 12/06/2016 12:33 pm

Thank you for your response!

I will be looking into the rose hip oil, as my skin is so dry right now due to the cold winter and the BP, I think my skin could do with some moisture.

How long have you been using the oil? And also the skinceuticals? Did you start to notice a different in your marks straight away?

And I know! I can't believe I have gone so long without putting sun lotion on my skin, definately paying for it now though and glad I've learnt my lesson sooner rather than later!

Thank you for your help!

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/06/2016 1:10 pm

No worries! Every person is different so it might not work for you but it's worth trying, that's how I cracked my regime! I have been using the rosehip oil for about a week now, that's why it's still early to tell if it works for marks. But I use it 3 times a week, I put it on about 30 minutes before going to bed and leave it overnight. I could feel my skin was more hydrated from day 1 and I also noticed that my cystic spots reduced size considerably from the very beginning. For those two reasons it's worth it for me.

I have been using Skinceutical's for about a month now. I'm not sure when I started to notice my marks disappearing, as it is a gradual process it's difficult to notice the difference day to day. But as I say, a month later I can totally tell the difference. In fact I'm really impressed as I used to have quite a lot of marks and they have almost completely disappeared. I also started to use Tria Blu Light around the same time though so I wonder if that helped too?

Yeah I also use to skip the sunscreen until I got all the stubborn marks! Never again!

Can I ask, after stopping the pill, how long before your skin broke out? I have taken lots of precautions and it's going well so far but it has only been a month and I worry it will happen at some point! However I'm happy with my skincare routine, my skin looks better than ever, even better than when I was on the pill!

🙂