Notifications
Clear all

Water Only Journey

MemberMember
(@diana-v-9610hotmail-com)

Posted : 12/04/2016 1:32 pm

Background:
I've had acne for seven years. I got my first spot when I was 12, and now, I'm 19. When I first started getting acne, I should've let it be. Instead, I started using product after product. I tried all kinds of chemicals, natural remedies, and regimens. Nothing helped. I wore makeup for about a year, but makeup aggravated my acne. My face started getting very oily yet dry. My face also adopted a constant red complexion (not just cheeks and nose but entire face was red and the rest of my body white). About three years ago, I read about the caveman regimen. I tried the regimen for about 2 weeks. I did not let water touch my face at all. My face developed a dead skin mask, and my acne increased. I stopped the regimen and began water only. I would wash with just water, but the same thing happened. I got a dead skin mask and my acne increased. I gave up on that regimen as well. That's when I found the acne.org regimen. I was on that regimen for about a year and a half. The regimen cleared up my skin really fast and really well. The problem is that with continued use, my face because extremely flaky and irritated. My face was bright red from all the chemicals I was using. It literally looked like someone painted my face with red. I stopped the regimen and began water only washing with a washcloth. I found that the washcloth aggravated my acne and made my skin red also (very oily too). I started trying all kinds of products, but they all made my acne and the condition of my skin worse (I tried both chemical and natural). At that point I kind of gave up. I decided to wash with only water again and let my skin heal itself. I did a lot of research on the water only regimen, and this time, I want to stick with it. The first time I did the water regimen, I didn't give my face enough time to heal. I quit at two weeks. This time I want to do this regiment for at least 3 months. I know it's going to be hard, but I'm willing to try it.

Routine:
So with this new regimen, I don't really have a routine. I just hop in the shower every morning and splash my face with warm water a few times.

I've been doing this water regimen for 16 days so far.

Week 1:
Increase in flakiness.
Decrease in facial redness.
Decrease in facial oil.
Acne seems to heal faster.
Lots of congestion.

Week 2:
Increased increase in flakiness (almost like my pores are pushing out gunk)
I have a lot of blackheads, and the blackheads seems to be falling out or forming inflamed spots
Increased decrease in facial redness.
No difference in facial oil from first week.
Acne still seems to heal faster, but I've been getting an increase in acne (in areas where I have blackheads).
Lots of congestion but it looks like it is clearing up a bit.
Hyper pigmentation/scars are healing faster.
Overall, my face looks pretty broken out.

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 12/08/2016 9:26 am

Sounds interesting. Keep it posted please

MemberMember

Posted : 12/10/2016 1:21 pm

Week 3:
Flakiness is about the same (maybe a bit better)
The actual texture of my skin is getting better. It feels more smooth and healthy.
My facial redness is improving drastically. My cheeks and forehead are still slightly pink, but my complexion now matches my body.
I still have a lot of blackheads, but they have decreased in number.
Facial oil is only slightly better from last week.
Acne has decreased in number, but I am still getting spots.
Congestion has cleared up but not all the way.
Pigmentation is healing super fast.
My face looks better than it was last week, but I still have a ways to go.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/12/2016 5:35 pm

These three videos helped me out a lot and inspired me.

MemberMember
(@symph0nik)

Posted : 12/13/2016 3:23 pm

I might try this myself. My skin is intolerant of all sorts of things, for one, I've discontinued benzoyl peroxide entirely, even a 5% concentration product, Oxy Maximum Action face wash "for sensitive skin"appeared to just make it worse.

Great to hear that you've seen significant improvement!

MemberMember

Posted : 12/13/2016 10:50 pm

Symph0nik,
My face is the same way. Even when I use natural remedies or simple soaps, my face gets irritated. With only using water on my face, I've noticed that my face as a whole looks less irritated. I've used benzoyl peroxide on my face before (2.5%) and my face gradually became redder and redder. A few days after I stopped the benzoyl peroxide, the redness started going away. At this point, I think my face needs to learn how to heal itself again because nothing else is working.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/17/2016 11:40 am

Week 4:
Flakiness/dryness is still present. Maybe a slight improvement.
Texture/appearance of skin is improving.
I see little facial redness - only where I have acne.
Blackheads are continuing to unplug along with skin congestion.
Slight improvement in facial oil.
Acne spots went down from about 50 to 30.
Pigmentation is still healing pretty fast.
Again, my face looks better than last week but there is still much healing that needs to happen.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/24/2016 2:18 am

Week 5:
I feel like the flakiness/dryness got a bit worse. It's bearable, but it's more visible (especially after a shower).
The texture of my skin feels a bit dry where I have flakiness but the appearance is pretty good. My face has dramatically decreased in facial redness. My family has even noticed the decrease. My neck color now matches my face color. It look uniform. I do of course, still have redness where I have breakouts.
I don't have as much blackheads now, but there are still some present. Those blackheads are still continuing to unplug, or they are forming into acne spots.
My facial oil is still the same as it was last week.
My acne spots have not decreased much from last week. I still have quite a bit of acne mostly concentrated on my forehead and chin.
Pigmentation is still healing pretty fast.
Overall, there has not been much change since week 4.

mjk99 and ariunbold liked
MemberMember

Posted : 12/31/2016 12:18 pm

Week 6:
The flakiness and dryness is about the same as week 5.
Acne is less in number and is healing faster.
Blackheads are also less in number.
Facial oil had improved slightly.
Redness is getting better and better everyday. Honestly, I just have redness where I still have acne.
Overall, still healing, but I see lots of improvement.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/07/2017 12:32 pm

Week 7:
The flakiness and dryness is better in some areas of my face, but in other areas, it's building up. It doesn't look bad, it's just that it feels uncomfortable at times. When I get it wet, it's also more noticeable. I'm also getting a lot of itchy/tickly sensations all over my face.
Acne is still improving. About the same as last week (still about 30-40 spots, but they're not that big and they heal fast).
I only have a few blackheads left, and I'm not worried about them because blackheads are pretty hard to spot.
Facial oil is great. I feel like it's pretty balanced out.
Redness is also great, but then again, there is still redness where I have acne.
All in all, not much improvement from last week, and I feel better about how my face feels. I'm not as conscious of it.

MemberMember
(@lucifer239)

Posted : 01/10/2017 4:13 am

thank you, i want to try it, now

MemberMember

Posted : 01/10/2017 10:22 am

lucifer239, yeah give it a go :) 
It's not easy but it's worth it. My skin is still healing, but it has gotten a lot better. 

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/10/2017 6:32 pm

Interesting journey! Thank you for sharing :) 
Sounds like you have come far in this progress. Closer and closer to your goal, amazing. Just an opinion - I think it would heal faster if you gently rub tomato on your face at night time before bed and sleep with it - gently wash your face in the morning. Maybe try it for a few days and see if there is any difference? And vaseline is pretty good to heal the redness as well, if you havent tried it out. It sounds risky and scary but i havent read one single story so far about their unsuccess. Good luck and inform us/me with news :) 

MemberMember
(@lucifer239)

Posted : 01/10/2017 9:35 pm

donna , i read "thelovevitamin", they said " no wash with water in 30 day". you wash face everyday,
which one is better ???

MemberMember

Posted : 01/10/2017 10:22 pm

Adeel2111, Is that what you do? I've never heard of putting tomato on, but it sounds very interesting. I just went on google and researched it. It says that tomato has a natural acid in it that restores the skin's natural oil balance. I think it's worth a try, but I'm going to stick with just water for now because my face reacts badly with acids.

lucifer239, I did the caveman regimen where I didn't wash at all about 2-3 years ago. I only did it for like 2 weeks before calling quits. I'm sure that it will work because it has worked for a lot of people, but I personally like doing it with water because of sweat and dirt. I stopped because my face was accumulating a lot of dead skin and had a thick oily texture. With water only, I feel clean. So, it's up to you which way. With both ways, your skin will probably freak out first month and slowly start normalizing.

MemberMember
(@lucifer239)

Posted : 01/11/2017 4:14 am

oh, thank you donna, soHow do you clear your dead skin ? And how often you do

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/11/2017 7:30 am

9 hours ago, Donna:) said:

Adeel2111, Is that what you do? I've never heard of putting tomato on, but it sounds very interesting. I just went on google and researched it. It says that tomato has a natural acid in it that restores the skin's natural oil balance. I think it's worth a try, but I'm going to stick with just water for now because my face reacts badly with acids.

lucifer239, I did the caveman regimen where I didn't wash at all about 2-3 years ago. I only did it for like 2 weeks before calling quits. I'm sure that it will work because it has worked for a lot of people, but I personally like doing it with water because of sweat and dirt. I stopped because my face was accumulating a lot of dead skin and had a thick oily texture. With water only, I feel clean. So, it's up to you which way. With both ways, your skin will probably freak out first month and slowly start normalizing.

I know tomato isnt famous to cover acne/pimples but trust me it works quite well! Yes, it has acids but remember the ph-value of tomato is just like water. There is nothing to lose tbh

MemberMember

Posted : 01/11/2017 9:59 am

lucifer239, i am just leaving it alone. it is supposed to go away on its own. my isnt that bad. its not that noticeable. its starting to normaluze too.

Adeel2111, is it hard to wash off with just water?

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/11/2017 11:44 am

1 hour ago, Donna:) said:

lucifer239, i am just leaving it alone. it is supposed to go away on its own. my isnt that bad. its not that noticeable. its starting to normaluze too.

Adeel2111, is it hard to wash off with just water?

What do you mean?

MemberMember

Posted : 01/11/2017 6:09 pm

Adeel2111, well when you leave the tomato on your face all night, doesn't it dry. I feel like that would be very hard to wash off without rubbing your face or using like a soap. How do you wash it off?

MemberMember
(@lucifer239)

Posted : 01/11/2017 9:04 pm

i think you dont use tomato because, then you must clean it with water, it isnt caveman regeman. put your my skin alone. the water make your skin drier,then it is more oil on your face >>> acne breakout. sorry , my english is notgood

do you have a picture of your face befor and after ? donna =))

MemberMember

Posted : 01/11/2017 10:44 pm

lucifer239, I don't have before and after pics because my face isn't all the way better yet. My face is still healing.

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/12/2017 5:37 pm

The tomato will dry, yes, but it works pretty nice. Over tomato you use aloe vera which holds your skin smooth and gelly. The day after you just splash or gently wash your face and gently use a clean towel to remove rest of it. Tomato isnt necessary but aloe vera is god given gift, no doubt. You can apply aloe vera gel alone too, it works well for some people and for those it doesnt work for dont end up with any side effects such as a new breakout caused by itself

MemberMember
(@lucifer239)

Posted : 01/12/2017 7:34 pm

I think tomatoes are good for normal skin, but it is not a good idea with the skin is acne. I've covered everything that people told them to treat my acne, but it makes my skin worse. I will not wash with 100% in the first month and will wash every 2 weeks, today is the 3rd day I did not wash, oil and dead skin a lot, have sprouted 1.2 acne but I feel it is better.
therefore, I think not need to hear any more comments yet. and will not apply anything to my face again. the hope is that it will do its job well.
2 weeks to our traditional New Year, I have an ugly face but I did not care anymore. I use google translate, heheh

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 01/13/2017 11:09 am

Thanks for the sharing Donna! Keep it posted please.