Notifications
Clear all

I can't decide if I should keep going on tretinoin

MemberMember
(@sophiamiller12)

Posted : 12/04/2016 1:31 pm

Hello to everyone seeing this, I need some help. I was prescribed tretinoin cream about 1.5 years ago by my doctor, have been using it since 8th grade. I was never really consistent with it until about 3 months ago, when I really decided that I needed to use it strictly, and ever since then, I haven't missed any days. The reason I got prescribed it was for whiteheads, that's it. But since then, my scars keep getting worse. I have never experienced cystic acne, but my acne just won't go away. The tretinoin is keeping my skin under control, but it's not clear. One week ago my skin was doing really well, it now all of a sudden my skin just broke out again tho like 10 new pimples. It could be due to hormonal because I do Breakout during that time of the month but I Can't tell. I'm just getting so tired of breakouts and my scars (or hyperpigmentation??? Don't know which one I have). I'm thinking about getting accutane but I don't know if my skin is severe enough. Or, should I just stay on the tretinoin for longer? I feel like my skin should be cleared up by now. Please help!

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 12:39 am

Hi there! If you have used it for this amount of time and it hasn't worked yet, try trying out something new.
Check out: [removed]
or my blog: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blogs/entry/32202-how-to-heal/

The most important thing is focusing on the bodies internal health. Best of luck!!