Notifications
Clear all

Forehead rash or acne?

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 12/04/2016 12:03 pm

So I don't think I have a major problem with acne. I have some acne scars but they don't bother me. What bothers me are these patch of bumps on my forehead which never seems to go away with any topical medication I use. My acne got better but the rash looks worse and has spread since winter started. It's very dry and the bumps are raised SO makeup cannot cover it. A few months ago the patch bumps were there but they were flatter and less visible. I don't understand why it's not going away but it bothers me and makes me insecure to the point where I have to wear hats to school. I had a mental breakdown the other night because of it. I just would like to know some suggestions on what you think this could be so I can get rid of it. Sometimes the bumps are itchy depending on if it's dry and it can get red if I irritate it by washing it. Otherwise it's pretty much the color of my skin. Thank you.

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 12:42 am

Try toning your skin with Apple cider vinegar (after washing) moisturizing with coconut oil, and spot treating with oil of oregano mixed into jojoba oil.

For further info, check out my blog:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blogs/entry/32202-how-to-heal/

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/07/2016 7:50 am

It seems like your skin is too dry, even if it's acne prone. The hats might be a solution in order to cover it, but it's not doing it any good.
I would recommend you try an oil as suggested above. I use rosehip oil (Pai's rosehip bioregenerate oil). Even though it's an oil it's indicated for acne prone skin as it fights spots. It also hydrates and I think it might calm your skin. It won't make your skin greasy or oily and it won't give you spots, don't worry. You can put it on at night, leave it time to absorb properly before going to bed, and leave it on overnight.
You might be using products that are too harsh on your skin. What is your skincare routine?

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 12/11/2016 7:21 pm

I was using benzoyl peroxide wash (5%) Pan Oxyl 10 percent but I stopped and just used cetaphil for both day and night on my forehead and benzoyl peroxide on my cheeks for the morning since it can handle it. My skin is acne prone. I think I have hormonal acne sinc my skin is oily and I grow hair on my face but the acne is mostly stains now and just my forehead is bothering me but it looks a lot better after I started using tretinoin and eucerin team as I did not really moisturize at night before until I saw this post but it's still not completely gone. I'll try the oil as suggested. Thank you.

Just now, Lexi5293 said:

I was using benzoyl peroxide wash (5%) Pan Oxyl 10 percent but I stopped and just used cetaphil for both day and night on my forehead and benzoyl peroxide on my cheeks for the morning since it can handle it. My skin is acne prone. I think I have hormonal acne since my skin is oily and I grow hair on my face but the acne is mostly stains now and just my forehead is bothering me but it looks a lot better after I started using tretinoin and eucerin creamas I did not really moisturize at night before until I saw this post but it's still not completely gone. I'll try the oil as suggested. Thank you.

RikiMe liked