Notifications
Clear all

Profractional?

MemberMember
(@qerf123)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:12 am

Hi, I went to a consultant a few weeks ago and the doc suggested I get profractional laser for optimal result (60%-80%) or microneedling for 40-60% improvement. I have mainly box car scars and ice picks. I read the sticky-ed thread and asked her about tca cross and subcision. She said she wouldn't do tca cross for olive type skin because of pigmentation, and my scars weren't deep enough for subcision. She said subcision was for deep icepick scars (maybe a mistake of scar type?).

Searching thru the threads, it seems like profractional is a bit stronger than fraxel.

Do you guys think I should trust this doctor's knowledge and go with the procedure or should I consult other docs to see if they would give tca-cross/subcision as a first option?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/02/2016 11:54 am

Laser does very little for scarring, please post a picture with shadows if you want me to evaluate your scarring. Laser can somewhat help shallow box scars but also acid peels can do the same thing. Infini RF is a microneedling device with energy and works on ethnic skin types with no hyperpigmentation. But Microneedling doe nothing for ice pics just box cars and rolling.

You may seek a second Drs opinion. Hard to help without the pics of your scarring. Their are also acid peels that work on ethnic skin if TCA is not a option. The doctor wants to make maximum profit.