Notifications
Clear all

deep nose scars on left side on upper nose, nostrils with pics

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/01/2016 2:51 am

Good day everyone! I'm back on tack. I used to visit this site, maybe a year ago or 2. I have a nose scar on thel eft side of my nose, upper nostrils. I used to apply TCA cross, would only cause swelling and would eventually go back to its original size.

I tried needling it with 0.23mm micro needle, I thought it was healing, but then it again went back to original size. I do not know if I should still continue with needling since I learned that it is very dangerous to do needling on nose.

Anyone with similar stories or success stories? Hope you could share. It is very depressing to hace these kind of scars.

Not the the actual pic but very similar and deeper is my scar.

Thanks in advance
-pan

nose.png

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/01/2016 5:33 pm

Bump. Anyine eith the same situatiins? Its been 14 hours ago since this is posted. Very depressing to know we get very little to almost no help at all. :(

MemberMember
(@qerf123)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:15 am

What percentage tca cross did you use?

MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 12/02/2016 12:22 pm

i had rather similar scars treated by professor tony chu in london 8 days ago, 100% tca cross. already one pit has closed up around 80%, while the one that bothered me most, on the nose tip, is around 50% better (i wrote up quite a detailed account of this but managed to delete). i'm sorry if the cross hasn't worked for you. Ithink perhaps the high concentration helped in my case ( i would never have opted for 100% if professor chu hadnt seemed so definite)...also, remember the clinical studies from korea and pakistan easily findable on the web state that six treatments were necessary for some people. all i can advise is to visit the best derm you can find. no way i would mess with 100% tca myself in such a prominent place. also, i think the skill in application is part of it- professor chu varied his technique on some of the smaller scars.
hope it works for you,best wishes

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/02/2016 4:57 pm

Hi qerf! I used 30% concentration.

Hi blooming wasp! Wow its really nice to hear successs stories! Would you mind if I ask, where are your scars located? And you mentioned it has only been 8 days since yu had your TCA cross done. Did the doc mentioned you are going to experience microsweeling? Oh please give us update. I realy wanted to get rid of my scar. Thank you in advance.

-pan

MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 12/02/2016 5:58 pm

hi, most were on the sides of my nose, the one that really bothered me was on the tip, as it caught the light. this one has definitely improved, i've looked at it in 'nightmare' lighting and it's much better, the sharp edges have softened and its more a shallower, possibly wider indent (hard to say on this, but he said it might get wider before filling in). this one looked awful straight after treatment, he gave it three firm pokes with the toothpick and i went home with a gaping hole on the tip of my nose (plus white frosting, as i was too shocked to wash it off!)

the largest one on the sides has closed up a lot- it seemed to do this straight away- while some of the others don't seem to have changed much.
the doctor didn't mention microswelling, but i've read of it on this board; it's hard to separate the hearsay from fact though. one of the studies mentioned above did say a patient seemed to regress and suggested the swelling explanation, so maybe that's the source?
the doctor did say it would take more than one treatment. i can't see a scab in there, but i didn't really have any distinct 'hard' scabbing. I will just have to see how things develop. either way i am convinced there is/will be progress and that even if i go backwards a bit from here, multiple treatments will get a satisfactory outcome.
as a side note, i've also seen it said many times here that hyper-pigmentation would certainly result on darker skins, so i asked if that would happen to me- i am of east indian descent- and he said no. ( this is someone who has been performing TCA cross since at least 2004, and is a consultant in the national health service in the UK, so must've done many tens of thousands of procedures).

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/02/2016 6:50 pm

Which part of your nose had better results with the TCA Cross? The ones on sides or the on in the tip? My scar is located on the side, I sent you a private message with my nose scar pic attached. I really dont want a lot a people to see it and also for my privacy thats why. Do you have some before and after pics? And what would be the intervals of your TCA?

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/04/2016 6:15 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/05/2016 2:59 pm

Bumping in this thread, again. Anyone else wit the same situation? Maybe those who experiencced TCA Cross on their nose scars for more than a month from now?

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 12:28 am

Take collagen supplements and topically rub castor oil on the effected area nightly

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 12/06/2016 7:42 am

7 hours ago, Naturalcure1 said:

Take collagen supplements and topically rub castor oil on the effected area nightly

I wouldn't take the advice of taking collagen supplements with no scientific evidence they work. They are a money making supplement like most products on the market nowadays.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 1:59 pm

@FortunesHillYou obviously don't know what collagen is. It's naturally in the body to support elasticity and taking the supplements boosts production. Worked 100% for me and I have no more scars because of it.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 12/06/2016 7:35 pm

5 hours ago, Naturalcure1 said:
@FortunesHillYou obviously don't know what collagen is. It's naturally in the body to support elasticity and taking the supplements boosts production. Worked 100% for me and I have no more scars because of it.

Of course I know what collagen is, but I haven't yet seen any scientific evidence that these expensive tablets actually work. The majority of beauty products out there nowadays don't do bugger all.

I recommend Vitamin C to the OP, in tablet form and tropically applied such as a Serum. This has more evidence backed up behind it, which you will find with a quick google search.

I bought some collagen tablets myself once when I was lack of research and shown them to my plastic surgeon who is highly qualified and experienced. He laughed and said you can take those if it makes you feel happy, but they won't do anything.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 9:39 pm

@FortunesHillOf course your plastic surgeon is going to tell you they don't work if your not buying them from him. My dermatologist told me essential oils were bad for my skin when I brought them up to her, thank god I didn't listen! Collagen has been one of the most important things in my healing. Just because they apparently didn't work for you, doesn't mean they don't for someone else.

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/07/2016 8:04 am

Good day Fortune Hills and natural cure. I appreciate very muc that you both wanted to help me. :)

May I ask, where are your scars located? And how long did it take for your scars to heal?

My scar is located on my nose. I was thinking if itnwould have the same benefit on my scar location, since I heard that the nose heals differently.

please give me updated Fortune hills and natural cure. Iappreciate very much all your repkies. :)