Notifications
Clear all

so depressed and crying

MemberMember
(@altruilife)

Posted : 11/27/2016 4:07 pm

today was ruined because my skin is breaking out
I hate meeting new people
I had to new my fiance's parents and pus was not the first impression I wanted to make
worst of all his mother gave me acne tips in front of his family
nobody needs to give me tips I am doing the best I can
so when I got home I bawled my eyes out
the wedding is in a few weeks and I do not know if I can stand in front of a crowd of people with my skin
make up can not cover it and wearing make up will cause me to break out
I am so scared acne will ruin my wedding day

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 11/27/2016 5:04 pm

Your in-law probably meant well but I know how much it probably upset you! I've had that happen to me before too. Don't try a chemical peel or anything too intense as three weeks might not be enough to entirely heal! I would say just don't touch your skin, have your hair up and away from it and no makeup so your skin can breathe and finish what it's doing and get a little stronger for the wedding. Or maybe do a simple method that has eased your acne in the past. Employ as much help as you can for the last details of your wedding ao your workload isn't too overwhelming.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)
MemberMember
(@marbleartist)

Posted : 11/27/2016 6:27 pm

People usually mean well when they give pointers on acne and other skin conditions. But it is with no finesse and social awareness they completely embarrass you, sometimes in front of a crowd of other people.

The only people I want to hear stuff from is the doctor I go to or another person with bad acne/dermatitis.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/27/2016 6:52 pm

Get professional help. Go to a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@altruilife)

Posted : 11/27/2016 9:33 pm

4 hours ago, NMSunflower said:

Your in-law probably meant well but I know how much it probably upset you! I've had that happen to me before too. Don't try a chemical peel or anything too intense as three weeks might not be enough to entirely heal! I would say just don't touch your skin, have your hair up and away from it and no makeup so your skin can breathe and finish what it's doing and get a little stronger for the wedding. Or maybe do a simple method that has eased your acne in the past. Employ as much help as you can for the last details of your wedding ao your workload isn't too overwhelming.

thank you for your support
I do do what you say
I am on medication
plus I do lifestyle stuff for my acne
it works a little
I do not think I will have clear skin at my wedding
my skin has not been clear since I was 10 years old
I saw your post earlier about accepting your acne and I want to do the same
I need to accept it for my sanity

2 hours ago, Binga said:

Get professional help. Go to a dermatologist.

I am but thank you anyway for your support

3 hours ago, marbleartist said:

People usually mean well when they give pointers on acne and other skin conditions. But it is with no finesse and social awareness they completely embarrass you, sometimes in front of a crowd of other people.

The only people I want to hear stuff from is the doctor I go to or another person with bad acne/dermatitis.

I know she was not being mean but it so mortifying
plus I know for a fact she never has acne
my fiance comes from a family of clear skin people on both sides
her skin is so beautiful which stings even more
but well least it was not something stupid and insulting like wash your face
the medication she suggest I get is something I am on already

4 hours ago, radiantsun said:

Here is how I cleared my acne naturally : http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blogs/blog/8948-radiantsun/

If I were you, I'd focus on a clean vegetarian diet and avoid sugar and fat/fried food until your wedding.
Meditation and positive thinking will help too by eliminating stress making your skin heal quicker until your wedding.

Good luck and have no fear

the only thing you said that I am not doing is the not stressing
but I am trying

3 hours ago, Naturalcure1 said:

thank you

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 11/27/2016 10:14 pm

please reach out with any questions!

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 11/28/2016 11:49 am

@altruilife it's challenging; it's the hardest thing to do but sometimes its needed in order to start living life the way you want to. Personally I am tired of feeling scared and ashamed of my skin and hiding behind makeup and false confidence. If people don't accept me the way I am maybe I shouldn't invest so much time in them if they decide to focus on the superficial things. I will still "care" for my skin but I am longer going to care about it so much! PM me if u ever need to vent!

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 11/28/2016 5:31 pm

congratulations on your wedding! I know how stressful that can be, what i'd recommend doing is scheduling a dermatology appointment a couple days before hand and telling them about your wedding and getting some cortisone injections for all your current pimples, obviously this isn't a long term solution but for a big event like that it could be very helpful for your own self esteem. no matter what, at the end of the day, you are not your acne and your beautiful internal and external features will shine though. good luck, I know how hard and painful this can feel.

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 11/28/2016 9:37 pm

Her idea is the best one, didn't even think of that

MemberMember
(@nishkatt05)

Posted : 11/30/2016 12:07 am

Congratulatisons on getting married! I'm sure your mother-in-law was trying to be helpful, but you're marrying her son and not her, so ultimately it doesn't matter what she thinks. Your fiance loves you and is attracted to you with or without the acne, so it really doesn't matter who else notices it. You have his support and love no matter what. I would say definitely say see a dermatologist for some cortisone shots a few days before the wedding, and perhaps hire a really great make-up artist now. One that has experience with people who break out with acne and I know there are tonnesout there (I love makeup). The Vichy brand and cover fx are pretty good.Some of them can do wonders at hiding blemishes- just make sure you hire someone experienced with your skin type. Maybe it sounds cliche, but on your wedding day, your happiness will eclipse any acne you do have. Good luck!