Like a chemical pee...

Notifications
Clear all

Like a chemical peel everyday on the regimen

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/26/2016 5:11 pm

I'm on a love hate relationship with the acne.org regimen. Ive honestly been on the regimen for almost 3 months now with no improvement on the flakyness. I love it cause it seems like I haven't gotten or will get any breakouts. I've tried everything when I say everything I mean everything. yes a little flakyness is fine but this is too much I flake like I'm constantly getting chemical peel and the other parts of my skin are scaly. I use jojoba oil with moisturizer...didn't really do much. I used an aha really irritated my skin more. I use more than 2 pumps of the moisturizer and I even apply a layer of vaseline over it. I tried a physical exfoliators both beads and cloth but that only left my skin raw exposing the healing skin from the scaly areas. I have searched through these forums for a solution but it's all the same. oh and I also only use it once a day. I'm not sure what to do now except for maybe decreasing the amount of bp at night without breaking out. Any help would seriously be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 11/27/2016 8:06 am

I personally found the acne.org moisturizer too weak. It was simply not moisturizing enough.

I switched to Cerave moisturizing lotion and have never looked back. It's way better then the acne.org one in terms of treating really dry, flaky skin.Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion is another one you could try. I have used it in the past together with BP and it worked well, but I still find the Ceraves lotion better in terms of moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/27/2016 4:12 pm

8 hours ago, 98ba said:

I personally found the acne.org moisturizer too weak. It was simply not moisturizing enough.

I switched to Cerave moisturizing lotion and have never looked back. It's way better then the acne.org one in terms of treating really dry, flaky skin.Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion is another one you could try. I have used it in the past together with BP and it worked well, but I still find the Ceraves lotion better in terms of moisturizing.

I agree I was and still am using the facial pm CeraVe moisturizer...the acne.org is a little too light for me. it's a great moisturizer but it really doesn't do much for the flakes:( thanks anyway

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 11/28/2016 8:11 am

15 hours ago, Avcforever said:
On 27/11/2016 at 2:06 PM, 98ba said:

I agree I was and still am using the facial pm CeraVe moisturizer...the acne.org is a little too light for me. it's a great moisturizer but it really doesn't do much for the flakes:( thanks anyway

You could also try Cerave moisturizing cream (the one in the tub). I found that it got rid of the flaking easier because its thicker than the lotion.

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/28/2016 3:12 pm

Oh ok thanks Ill try it out really appreciate it