Notifications
Clear all

Treatment for embarrassing red marks left from acne

MemberMember
(@chloecope99)

Posted : 11/25/2016 11:47 pm

am on my seventh month of accutane currently at 120mg a day at 116 pounds. My acne has never been extremely severe but it has been extremely persistent. I started on 40mg for the first two months , followed by a month of 80 mg, and now four on 120 mg. My acne leaves hyperpigementation of dark red marks all over my face, but my cheeks mainly. Even if I don't touch or mess with my pimple it still leaves hyperpigmentation. They are dark and embarrassing and I've had them for years. They are almost impossible to cover up. They are destroying every bit of my confidence. Please help me I'm sick of being embarrassed and self loathing because of my skin.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/26/2016 1:49 pm

maybe you are not getting enough antioxidants in your diet? if you dont already you could try taking 1000mg of vitamin c daily and drinking a cup or two of some organic green tea every day.
there are topicals that help speed up skin cell turnover. like 10% glycolic acid lotion (i use neostrata). though you may have to wait until you are off accutane to use it.
i think if the red marks are staying around for longer than a week or so your issue is going to be more dietary. vitamins, antioxidants, lots of water and healthy eating are best.

MemberMember
(@karolinka)

Posted : 11/28/2016 12:07 am

I have the same problem as you. My acne has never been very severe but it always leaves hypergimentation scars. What works for me is the manuka honey mask applied nightly for an hour before bed. I can see a noticeable difference in the appearance of my scars the next morning. I'm also using topical tretinoin (Retin-A) but this takes longer to work so I'm sticking with the honey in the meantime as it does make a difference itself plus it also soothes my skin after using Retin-A and gives it a nice glow.

I put a little bit of macadamia oil before I apply the honey to my face as it makes it easier to spread the honey. After an hour or so I wash it off using a face towel dabbed in hot water and then apply more macademia oil or face cream to moisturise my skin.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 11/29/2016 12:30 am

Drink all organic carrot juice at least one serving a day, and topically I highly recommend frankincense essential oil. Make sure it is pure and not mixed with any other fillers. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@arandhawa)

Posted : 12/06/2016 9:49 pm

Hi,

I've recently started using honey and EVOO mask at night to clear my acne. I warm up the mixture and apply for 15 mins, washing it off with just tepid water. The honey will wash off but the oil will stay. I don't use a moisturiser after this. Within three days I saw the old acne go down and new, upcoming ones subsided. The hyperpigmentation is marginally faded. So, I'm being patient about it but I'm really happy with the results so far. It's only been a week and I don't have any acne on my face. Knock on wood!