Notifications
Clear all

Skin clearing up first week of accutane

MemberMember
(@ayymiki)

Posted : 11/25/2016 11:06 pm

Hey everyone, I'm on day 8 of accutane and my skin has never looked better (i'm almost clear!)

Within the first day or two, my skin broke out and by day 6 they started to heal. Not sure if this was the IB

Just wondering if anyone else experienced clearing in the first week or two and if you still broke out afterwards?

Also how do I fade my scarring or should I wait until after I finish my accutane course to try and get rid of it?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/26/2016 4:08 am

If so hope that it stays that way, during your 3rd or 4th week you may experience purging because thats what ive read from retin a but i know its not the same so I wish your luck if it does stay clear. As for the scarring I believe that you should hold off until accutane because I heard its quite drying and most scar fading like aha are a bit drying to skin, I heard vitamin C serums are good for scars,but I woulsnt want to reccomend anything that may ruin your skin. Overall good luck!

MemberMember
(@jcd97b)

Posted : 11/27/2016 4:06 pm

When I started Accutane the same thing happened to me an I didn't experience an initial breakout, it just started clearing my skin right away, I'm 3 months in my 5 month course and my skin is 90% clear.

Dont start using products to help fade your scars until you finish the course, I've heardthat it doesn't mix well with Accutane and can damage your skin.