Notifications
Clear all

Need help with routine? (Aczone (AM) , Ziana (PM) , BHA , AHA

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 11/24/2016 4:34 pm

I use Aczone (dapsone gel) in the morning and Ziana (clindamycine + tretinion ) at night. How do I use Glycolic acid and how often with combination of my topical routine? Like how do I switch it around with a BHA. Also I am thinking of using ACV as a toner , maybe later but for right now I want to use a BHA and if my skin responds well then possible use AHA ( I'm planning on using Paula's choice Pore Perfecting BHA exfoliant 2% ) heard good things about this BHA and it contains Green tea which I heard also is good for oily skin and reduces sebum. And possibly Paula's Choice AHA 8% Exfoliant, depending on how things look with the BHA.
I have some acne flaring up since I am weaning off with Oracea 40 mg (doxycycline hyclate) since June 7 , 2016 .Because I have been on the antibiotic (Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg) treatment since August 2015 but now weaning off. I told my derma , I think its time to get off it because antibiotic for even a short period can do a lot of damage healthwise. So since weaning off my acne is sorta flaring upbut hopefully my topicals will take care of it. Sonow new acne = new hyperpigmentation which are like red/purple . Which I think maybe the BHA could help clear up my acne (clogged pores) and possibly maybe the AHA could help also I know people use them both but how do people alternate them around? Because I use 2 topicals Aczone (AM) and Ziana at night. Like do I first cleanse, moisturize, then apply topical then put the BHA because Paula's choice is a leave on liquid . So would I only use the BHA once a week or twice a week? how often considering the topicals I use also. And I don't know about the AHA but people have said that AHA can interfere with the effectiveness of Retinols / Tretinion which is in Ziana the night topical I use , and I think applying AHA at night is more practical than applying in the day? What are your thoughts if any you guys are using a Retinol or a Tretinion and also a AHA ?

SIDENOTE:
I might use ACV to tone , but I sorta want to try to use BHA/ AHA to see if this clears up my skin if not then maybe a while from now (giving time to see if the BHA OR AHA works) then a while from now use ACV if the exfloliants don't work well then try this natural option.
I am thinking about using Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner but do I apply it then wash it off ? then apply Aczone in the morning or Ziana when toning at night ? Or leave it on?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/26/2016 4:25 am

Hi, so basically you use bha in morning then apply your topic such as your gel and moisturize then sunscreen. If you apply acids your skin will be more sensistive that and due to tretinoin retin a.
For alternating people usually use AHA one night and retin a the other night. Dont ever apply it together. Aha should be applied after cleansing since most AHA are formulated to hydrate skin aswell I dont think any other steps should be taken. Good luck

As for the apple cider vinegat thats also a acid and you may be too much on your skin how about you try rose water toner instead pure rose water toner not with other ingridients soley rose watet toner. Its anti inflammatory and shouldnt cause break outs.

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 12/01/2016 3:21 pm

@VulneraryRain so its okay to use BHA every morning I thought you should only use it like 2 or 3 times a week? Because I want to purchase leave on BHA and AHA. What I usually do is cleanse, moisturize then apply topical then sunscreen I also wait like 15 mins each step and 20 mins when needed to put on the topical which is Aczone (dapsone gel) in the mornings. And I do the Ziana (clindamycin + tretinion) at night.

I would try the rose water toner but I have allergies and plant stuff, I'm afraid to have an allergic reaction. I tried the witch hazel toner that broke me out badly I had pustules gross.

On 11/26/2016 at 4:25 AM, VulneraryRain said:

Hi, so basically you use bha in morning then apply your topic such as your gel and moisturize then sunscreen. If you apply acids your skin will be more sensistive that and due to tretinoin retin a.
For alternating people usually use AHA one night and retin a the other night. Dont ever apply it together. Aha should be applied after cleansing since most AHA are formulated to hydrate skin aswell I dont think any other steps should be taken. Good luck

As for the apple cider vinegat thats also a acid and you may be too much on your skin how about you try rose water toner instead pure rose water toner not with other ingridients soley rose watet toner. Its anti inflammatory and shouldnt cause break outs.

@VulneraryRain so its okay to use BHA every morning I thought you should only use it like 2 or 3 times a week? Because I want to purchase leave on BHA and AHA. What I usually do is cleanse, moisturize then apply topical then sunscreen I also wait like 15 mins each step and 20 mins when needed to put on the topical which is Aczone (dapsone gel) in the mornings. And I do the Ziana (clindamycin + tretinion) at night.

I would try the rose water toner but I have allergies and plant stuff, I'm afraid to have an allergic reaction. I tried the witch hazel toner that broke me out badly I had pustules gross.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/02/2016 1:32 am

Bha are drying so I suggest slowly introducing it in since the products you use are very drying and remember you cleanse thrn put topical thrn moisturizer always follow in this pattern or topical will be null, as for toner you dont really need one but if yiu feel like you do buy alcohol free toners less drying. But I dont see why you would need bha because tretinoin unclogs pores and renews surface skin its like bha on steroids. It might just irritate you longer, less producta less irritation less acne. Good luck