Notifications
Clear all

Red irritation down there on accutane

MemberMember
(@pentagon)

Posted : 11/22/2016 6:56 pm

So after having sex with my girlfriend more times than I should on accutane, my penis became irritated. I have some red irritation spots on the head of my penis and foreskin. This isn't an STD or balanitis. It's really irriation and seems to be slowly healing but I want to help it with an ointment.

What product should I use on it that will help it to heal faster?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/22/2016 7:05 pm

Hmm...could it be yeast? Yeast can exhibit as redness, itchiness and irritation. Maybe the Accutane is making you more prone to yeast overgrowth? Or, it could just be drying you out a lot and causing redness, since it's a drying medication. For now you could use something like A&D for the redness and irritation, then check with your doctor if it doesn't go away or if tiny white spots emerge [that's definitely a sign of yeast].

MemberMember
(@pentagon)

Posted : 11/22/2016 9:00 pm

1 hour ago, cloudydreamer said:

Hmm...could it be yeast? Yeast can exhibit as redness, itchiness and irritation. Maybe the Accutane is making you more prone to yeast overgrowth? Or, it could just be drying you out a lot and causing redness, since it's a drying medication. For now you could use something like A&D for the redness and irritation, then check with your doctor if it doesn't go away or if tiny white spots emerge [that's definitely a sign of yeast].

It really looks like skin has been ripped off and the redness is flat, no white bumps or anything. Hopfully it isn't a yeast infection. Thanks for the input. Could you clarify what A&D is?

MemberMember
(@lilpit33)

Posted : 11/27/2016 12:02 pm

I've been having something similar. I've been on accutane for 3 months now and I noticed 2-3 weeks ago after having sex with my girlfriend that the tip of my penis was red and looked irritated. I then started noticing that it hurt when I peed. I went pee the next day after sex, and there was blood from the tip of my penis (from the irritation). I went to see 2 different urologists and neither could tell me what was wrong with my penis. They both guessed it is just a side effect of the medicine. The only thing I'm doing now is applying vaseline down there.