Accutane log

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/20/2016 3:59 pm

23 yr old.Day 10 of accutane. Nothings really happening yet. Lips are dry and sore. Face is also starting to dry up. Let's do this!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/20/2016 8:18 pm

Wooo good luck @Misssadsack !! :)

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/21/2016 3:50 am

7 hours ago, Tretinoin said:

Wooo good luck @Misssadsack !! :)

Thanks very much! 

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/21/2016 7:17 am

Exceptfrom common side effects (dry, sore...), any initial breakout? Normally, Accutane takes up to 2 weeks & above to notice something different. Let wait and see. Drink more water to hydrate from inside & flush out the toxic.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/21/2016 7:29 am

No no ib yet. Tmi but one cyst has scabbed. Yeah I'm drinking much more water now too. Thanks

12 minutes ago, shmilyM said:

Exceptfrom common side effects (dry, sore...), any initial breakout? Normally, Accutane takes up to 2 weeks & above to notice something different. Let wait and see. Drink more water to hydrate from inside & flush out the toxic.

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/22/2016 2:03 pm

Ah, good to hear you're underway with this now. I'll be sure to check back and watch your progress. It only gets better from here!

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/22/2016 2:26 pm

23 minutes ago, Hominid said:

Ah, good to hear you're underway with this now. I'll be sure to check back and watch your progress. It only gets better from here!

Thanks so much! I hope this works 

Day 12: inside my ear is getting dry is that normal? Apart from that everything is still the same 

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/23/2016 3:12 pm

My memory is a bit vague, but I think that's something I experienced as well.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/23/2016 3:20 pm

Good luck! I'm not on Accutane but Spiro, however both drugs are similar in that they dry up excess sebum and I wanted to reassure you that it's normal for things like the inside of your nose and ears to get very dry. When I first began my treatment a few weeks ago, the inside of my nose was very, very dry to the point where it hurt. This has gotten a bit better. So, hang in there. :) How are your breakouts? 

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/23/2016 7:40 pm

4 hours ago, cloudydreamer said:

Good luck! I'm not on Accutane but Spiro, however both drugs are similar in that they dry up excess sebum and I wanted to reassure you that it's normal for things like the inside of your nose and ears to get very dry. When I first began my treatment a few weeks ago, the inside of my nose was very, very dry to the point where it hurt. This has gotten a bit better. So, hang in there. :) How are your breakouts? 

Thank you! How's Spiro doing for you? Nothings really changed breakout wise

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/23/2016 8:14 pm

33 minutes ago, Misssadsack said:
4 hours ago, cloudydreamer said:

Thank you! How's Spiro doing for you? Nothings really changed breakout wise

Siren thing. I had a small jawline/chin IB but it's faded substantially in the last 3 days. I hardly have any oil on my face or scalp now when used to be crisco central (lol) so that's good. Maybe you just need to give it more time or maybe things will start taking off when you up the dose! 

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/24/2016 6:45 am

I'm feeling awful today too many things going on in my mind :( I keep thinking even if this does work for me is it just going to come back. Then what would I do :( I feel like I'm being tortured. 

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/25/2016 1:31 pm

No point worrying about something that hasn't and might not happen. Learn to consciously recognise when you have these negative thoughts and refuse to have them, concentrate instead on being positive about the fact that you are now on the journey to clearer skin. :)

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/25/2016 2:31 pm

Day 15. Skin seems quite red all over and scalp starting to get dry at the front

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/27/2016 3:52 am

Think I'm gonna have to stop already :( my right ear keeps ringing. The outside of my ear hurts when I touch it and inside is crusty. Could this just be an ear infection? I can't speak to my doc until tomorrow 

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/27/2016 6:51 am

Other people have also reported tinnitus as a side effect. See what your doctor says.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/27/2016 7:29 am

38 minutes ago, Hominid said:

Other people have also reported tinnitus as a side effect. See what your doctor says.

I think it may be an infection causing it

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/29/2016 5:22 am

I'm stopping this drug as I could possibly be left with this ringing ear forever on top of my skin issues. Fantastic! I don't know what to do anymore. The one drug which could of helped me the most and now I'll be stuck this way forever. I don't know where to go from here

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/29/2016 2:12 pm

Don't be discouraged, Accutane is not the be all end all of acne treatments. There are loads of other things to try that can be very successful. There are also topical retinoids which will act in a similar way to accutane, only in gel form. What alternative treatments has your doctor recommended?

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/29/2016 4:29 pm

2 hours ago, Hominid said:

Don't be discouraged, Accutane is not the be all end all of acne treatments. There are loads of other things to try that can be very successful. There are also topical retinoids which will act in a similar way to accutane, only in gel form. What alternative treatments has your doctor recommended?

I need to get my hormones tested to figure out what's going on. I could have pcos and not even know. At least then I could stop blaming myself.

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/29/2016 5:23 pm

Why would you blame yourself? It's not your fault, give yourself a break - remember, don't be your own worst enemy, be your own best friend.

If it is PCOS there are medications to treat that, it's fairly common and it sounds like the symptoms can be controlled and even cleared, ultimately it may turn out that accutane wasn't even the best treatment for you anyway.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/29/2016 7:38 pm

2 hours ago, Hominid said:

Why would you blame yourself? It's not your fault, give yourself a break - remember, don't be your own worst enemy, be your own best friend.

If it is PCOS there are medications to treat that, it's fairly common and it sounds like the symptoms can be controlled and even cleared, ultimately it may turn out that accutane wasn't even the best treatment for you anyway.

I try! I just feel like I'm doing something wrong and don't know what. Hope your well

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/30/2016 12:05 pm

Guys.. I've been putting olive oil in my ear ready to be syringed next week but when I put the oil in the ringing is still there but I can hardly hear it, how can this be? Maybe it's the wax not the accutane :/ 

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/30/2016 4:19 pm

3 hours ago, Misssadsack said:

Guys.. I've been putting olive oil in my ear ready to be syringed next week but when I put the oil in the ringing is still there but I can hardly hear it, how can this be? Maybe it's the wax not the accutane :/ 

Well a build up of ear wax can cause ringing, so it could just be that in isolation. Or it could be that accutane has caused it either directly, or indirectly, by drying cells within your ears. Honestly, I would still err on the side that accutane is the cause and it's probably best if you look at alternative treatments - that way you won't be disappointed again if you get your hopes up.

I would think that the olive oil is just coating the inside of your ears and causing a dampening effect.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/30/2016 4:29 pm

I don't know what to do I can't speak to my derm until tomorrow so I'll ask what I should do