Notifications
Clear all

23y/o male, looking for answers

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 11/19/2016 2:34 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you guys are doing great and I'm sorry my english is not perfect!

I'm an active man, with a stressful job and crazy schedule (law enforcement). I've been living with anxiety and panic attacks for the past 3 years and by skin has never been so bad.

I have scars and pimples all over my face and in my hair and beard. In my last visit to the dermatologist 3 years ago, the doctor said I had "seborrheic dermatitis" in my hair and gave me different shampoos, creams and liquid cortisone. I also tried argan oil and rosemary. Nothing ever worked, some shampoos calm the symptoms and itching for a day but that's it. My hair is falling where the red spots and pimples are and my beard is full of it underneath.

I really don't like medication and taking harsh treatment and I feel like I'm never going to find a way to cure my acne. I'm embarrassed and I don't even want to go out. I wash my face once at night most of the time. I don't even know what I have really, has every treatment I've tried didn't work.

Can someone tell me how severe is my acne? How can I find a treatment specific to my condition? Should I go to another dermatologist to find other options... I feel like I'm out of luck and completely exhausted.

Thank you in adavance 

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8985.JPG

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 11/19/2016 10:24 pm

Hey!
So I just wanted to say that your acne isn't that bad and won't be noticed by people, as you may think.
I suggest just go try some acne over the counter medications from your local store, such as Benzoyl Peroxide.
If you are still worried and these medications do not work just head to a dermatologist and they will help you out pretty quickly!

Hope this helped,

WadeX

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/19/2016 10:53 pm

Yeah, WadeX is right. Yours isn't as bad as us. Actually, your face (cheek) is still pretty clear. The next thing you should do is not to worsen what you have right now. Just maintain a healthy diet, drink water regularly, sleep well, wash your face, use acne on the spot treatment, moisturizer is also OK. and keep the razor clean, I see you have acne in the beard area.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/20/2016 12:23 am

I used to suffer but found that chemical additives in some food were the cause,mainly granules like coffee and gravy but there are lots more

AndreiCan liked
MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 11/20/2016 2:13 am

You have almost no acne.

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 11/22/2016 9:49 pm

Thanks a million for the replies guys, it means alot to me.

Like some said, my acne might not be alot but it's enough for me to feel really bad and ashamed. When I talk to people I face them with my "nicer" side and I'm always so aware of it.

I've tried the washing technic with the acne gel after.. Didn't work. Any ideas what should be my next step?

Thanks a million

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)