Notifications
Clear all

Skin care help required please

MemberMember
(@icypopcicle)

Posted : 11/18/2016 7:21 pm

Hi everyone I've never posted about my acne in a forum before so please bare with me. I've had severe/mild acne for 10 years now it started when I was 17 I'm now 27. over the ten years it's gone from just being a few spots on my chin to being my forehead, nose, cheeks etc I've used Quinoderm and panoxyl before and am now 8 weeks into dans regimen which has made a difference but I'm still struggling with certain things such as a very oily t zone which if I moisturize it it's still super oily and if I don't I get a horrible hot feeling randomly in the day and it becomes super greasy. my face is also quite red despite moisturizing a lot! With dans regimen moisturizer, it feels tight and dry Aswell. finally my skin is always red all the time. I'm really not sure what to do as my face feels horrible but is much better than when I've tried using nothing and my skin has broken out loads. finally I've been trying to read about salicylic acid and whether that would be better than bp? o and another thing I tried using bp twice a day as your meant to but it just destroyed my skin so just one index fingers length at night for me as I can moisturize as much as I need to afterwards whereas in the morning I can moisturize initially but when I'm at work I can't and my skin just falls apart. I hope this has made sense and would really appreciate some help please!
MemberMember
(@skeptic_)

Posted : 11/20/2016 1:36 pm

Sounds like your skin is reacting to the bp. Mine is the same way, bp dries the living crap out of my skin, irritates it like no other, while my acne just sits there unchanged. Salicylic acid and lactic acid are my favorites. I think you should find a good, basic moisturizer that won't clog your pores and maybe ditch the rest of Dan's products. They work for a lot of people, but I think your skin is trying to tell you something. My favorite moisturizer is The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream. It's been the only moisturizer I can use on my face for 7 years. Look at reviews and ingredients. For moisturizers, fragrance free and a simple ingredients list is key. For salicylic acid, I use Stridex Extra Strength in the red box, and once a week I use Makeup Artists Choice 15% salicylic acid peel. For lactic acid, non-fat greek yogurt is amazing. I hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@icypopcicle)

Posted : 12/12/2016 12:21 pm

Thanks for the replies I stopped using the bp and my skin isn't as dry and the acne is the same. I got some differin from the doctors so trying that it's been a week and no difference lol really appreciate the advice might just nip into the body shop and get some aloe soothing cream as my skin definitely needs soothing.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)
MemberMember
(@sharonblaine)

Posted : 12/14/2017 1:23 am

I suggested flow this instruction; chemical peels, restorative facials, and solution quality healthy skin with day by day sunscreen are among the numerous medications done to enhance the look of your skin.