Notifications
Clear all

YASMIN log

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/17/2016 7:20 am

Hi guys, so I have been on the contraceptive pill Yasmin for 9 days now in order to treat my acne and I regret it to some extent because since taking it my acne has just gone 1000x worse.
 It's probably worth mentioning that I have PCOS.
I'm going to update my progress on here if anyone is interested in following it ;D
I'd like to hear some of your experiences with Yasmin too!

What im currently taking: 
Duac 
Yasmin 
I just started taking Vitamin A supplements because I have heard many many success stories with these!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@moo94)

Posted : 11/17/2016 8:19 am

Hey, I started taking Yasmin in August to treat hormonal acne. At first my skin erupred with lots of little pimples across my cheeks and a few big cystic spots on my jaw.... I wanted to stop taking it but I said to myself give it time. I'm now at the end of my fourth pack and my skin is clear! I only get one small pimple in my pill free week now and no more cystic spots at all. Stick with it, I hope it works for you!

Hol230199 liked
MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/17/2016 10:28 am

2 hours ago, moo94 said:

Hey, I started taking Yasmin in August to treat hormonal acne. At first my skin erupred with lots of little pimples across my cheeks and a few big cystic spots on my jaw.... I wanted to stop taking it but I said to myself give it time. I'm now at the end of my fourth pack and my skin is clear! I only get one small pimple in my pill free week now and no more cystic spots at all. Stick with it, I hope it works for you!

That's fantastic! I was really tempted to stop taking it but now I have some hope! Do you remember how long you had the breakout for before it cleared?

MemberMember
(@moo94)

Posted : 11/17/2016 12:35 pm

I think it cleared more or less completely by the middle of my second pack it didn't take a long at all. I've been on quite a few different pills and this worked like a dream compared to others;  previous ones worsened my skin massively. Stick with it, don't give up hope :)

MemberMember
(@gertrudera)

Posted : 11/17/2016 11:59 pm

Hey, I also started Yasmin not too long ago. I'm getting close to the end of my third pack right now, and 3 months is the standard time frame for when improvement supposedly starts, so I'm getting a little impatient. I didn't see any difference the first month, and the second month I actually broke out quite a bit more than normal. So far this month seems better, but the worst breakout happened at the end of the second month, so I won't exactly be surprised if it gets worse during the placebo week. This pattern of breaking out seems different from what I've read from most people on Yasmin, so I'm a little worried it won't work for me :( I'm going to give it at least another month though, so I'm right there with you. I'll be following your log :) 

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/18/2016 4:44 am

4 hours ago, FiercePenguin said:

Hey, I also started Yasmin not too long ago. I'm getting close to the end of my third pack right now, and 3 months is the standard time frame for when improvement supposedly starts, so I'm getting a little impatient. I didn't see any difference the first month, and the second month I actually broke out quite a bit more than normal. So far this month seems better, but the worst breakout happened at the end of the second month, so I won't exactly be surprised if it gets worse during the placebo week. This pattern of breaking out seems different from what I've read from most people on Yasmin, so I'm a little worried it won't work for me :( I'm going to give it at least another month though, so I'm right there with you. I'll be following your log :) 

I'm kinda worried about breaking out in the placebo week, so I'm considering skipping it and moving on to the second pack straight away. Maybe you could try that next time, if it is safe to do so? 
When you get the initial breakout does vary from person to person I literally got mine the day after taking the first pill. I just hope that means it'll clear up quicker! 

Thanks for following xx

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/18/2016 4:31 pm

hi, I'm on the 3rd month of Yasmin and I've seen improvement! 2nd month was def the worst..then it calmed down. I've also been using panoxyl 10% bp gel for the past 2 weeks which is doing good. I've heard it can take up to the 4th or 5th month to see a change but I would def recommend using a topical treatment also. So u treating inside and out....good luck!! Xx

Hol230199 liked
MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/18/2016 6:04 pm

1 hour ago, Louisemariex said:

hi, I'm on the 3rd month of Yasmin and I've seen improvement! 2nd month was def the worst..then it calmed down. I've also been using panoxyl 10% bp gel for the past 2 weeks which is doing good. I've heard it can take up to the 4th or 5th month to see a change but I would def recommend using a topical treatment also. So u treating inside and out....good luck!! Xx

Oh no I'm dreading the second month!  But that's great news! 
 I am using duac which is 5% benzoyl peroxide which is good but none of the pharmacies in the UK have been able to get hold of it so I'm thinking of trying a new topical. Panoxyl is 10% benzoyl peroxide which sounds a lot compared to Duac! Do you find it really drying? 

MemberMember
(@gertrudera)

Posted : 11/18/2016 7:20 pm

14 hours ago, hollystone said:
I'm kinda worried about breaking out in the placebo week, so I'm considering skipping it and moving on to the second pack straight away. Maybe you could try that next time, if it is safe to do so? 
When you get the initial breakout does vary from person to person I literally got mine the day after taking the first pill. I just hope that means it'll clear up quicker! 

Thanks for following xx

I tried to skip the placebos on the pill I used to take, and it didn't work and my period ended up lasting for 2 weeks :/  So now I'm scared to try it again even though I'm on a different pill. Some people do really well skipping though, so maybe it will help you speed your skin along

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/19/2016 7:17 am

I had the same problem with duac when It suddenly become unavailable...managed to gt panoxyl from a pharmacy near me....it was very drying for the first 10ish days but aslong as u moisturise it calms down xx

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/20/2016 3:15 am

Day 12-
2 red spots on my right cheek decided to form over night   
But my face looks calmer than it did on day 9 and my chest acne is getting better. Not much else to report ;D 

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/23/2016 11:06 pm

Acne or no acne, you're so pretty! I'd just like to add that skipping your placebos a few pill packs in a row is a very easy and generally safe way of regulating your hormones when you first begin birth control. The fewer hormonal fluctuations you have, the easier it will be for your body to adjust to Yasmin by delivering a constant, steady dose of the hormones. I skipped a few periods when I first began birth control under the approval of my doctor for this reason and it's usually fine, just ask and confirm it's okay before you do it. 

With any of these treatments, you should probably expect to see more jawline/cheek/chin zits the first 1-2 months. That usually means your body is adjusting to it. Hang in there.  

On 11/17/2016 at 11:59 PM, FiercePenguin said:

It sounds like you could also benefit by skipping the placebos a few times. It's the hormonal fluctuations when you stop the pill that's causing the breakout. Just ask your doc about it. 

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/24/2016 11:39 am

12 hours ago, cloudydreamer said:

Acne or no acne, you're so pretty! I'd just like to add that skipping your placebos a few pill packs in a row is a very easy and generally safe way of regulating your hormones when you first begin birth control. The fewer hormonal fluctuations you have, the easier it will be for your body to adjust to Yasmin by delivering a constant, steady dose of the hormones. I skipped a few periods when I first began birth control under the approval of my doctor for this reason and it's usually fine, just ask and confirm it's okay before you do it. 

With any of these treatments, you should probably expect to see more jawline/cheek/chin zits the first 1-2 months. That usually means your body is adjusting to it. Hang in there.  

Thanks so much :)  I have approval from my doctor about skipping the placebos so I will be doing this next week! 

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 11/27/2016 2:45 am

Day 19- good news! My cheek acne is clearing significantly which is a huge shock because I have not been able to get rid of this for over a year! My whole face looks a lot clearer. But it may be too soon to start getting excited...

moo94 liked
MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 12/07/2016 4:27 pm

I spoke too soon! I am in the second week of pack two and experiencing what appears to be a break out... But i'll hang in there :P

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 12/17/2016 6:26 am

Hey guys. I'm wondering if any of you know about pityrosporum / gram negative folliculitis. Because I don't even think that what I have is 'acne' anymore.
ever since I started using duac In April, a few months later I began to develop these tiny spots on my forehead,hairline which have now spread to my cheeks and jawline. I'm convinced it's a type of yeast / fungal infection due to the duac killing all of the good bacteria and thus creating an imbalance. My doctor told me it was acne but I'm not convinced. 
I've been on Yasmin for about 6 weeks and haven't noticed an improvement yet, if anything it's made my 'folliculitis' worse. 
Heres a picture of my forehead: (these spots are also all over my cheeks and jawline but worse there image.jpeg

image.png

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 01/09/2017 8:54 am

Ok so I think I've managed to treat most of the 'folliculitis' with nizoral shampoo...but still left with acne after finishing the 3rd pack I'm afraid...(note: I've finished the 3rd pack today but haven't been taking the week breaks so its only been 2 months not three)not sure if yasmin is doing the trick yet... but I don't know if its too soon to make judgement yet. I went to the doctor today to get a new prescription for another 3 months because I'm going to persevere anyway. If my skin isn't dramatically improving by the time I finish the 6th pack then I will be going off yasmin.

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 01/17/2017 2:03 pm

I decided to come off Yasmin because I was having a few side effects. Really disappointed that I didn't get a chance to see if it would work. Back to square one 

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 01/17/2017 3:21 pm

Hey hun im sorry to hear that, what side effects did u have :/ im at the end of month 5 on it xx

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 01/18/2017 1:56 pm

Well I noticed my leg was feeling a bit numb, so I was a bit worried. I've stopped it early for the week break since I've been taking it without the breaks. But I may return to it next week but undecided yet! How is it going for you so far? xx

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 01/18/2017 2:26 pm

I also have pcos and i take diane 35 and androcur. Diane alone has no effects for me, but androcur saved my face and my life. It is the only thing that cleared my skin. I still get a zit every now and then but it is nothing compared tot what my skin looked like my whole life. I would definately recommend this to anyone who struggles with hormonal acne.

Hol230199 liked
MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 01/18/2017 3:08 pm

Okay, I been doing it with the breaks...its improved my skin alot...but I do still get pimples so it hasn't gone completely....i do use bp at night aswel...only side effect I've had is maybe more tiredness and tearful just before I do the week break.. Hope Yu make the right choice for Yu, xx good luck

MemberMember
(@hol230199)

Posted : 01/19/2017 6:30 pm

On 18/01/2017 at 7:26 PM, Cassie Sara said:

I also have pcos and i take diane 35 and androcur. Diane alone has no effects for me, but androcur saved my face and my life. It is the only thing that cleared my skin. I still get a zit every now and then but it is nothing compared tot what my skin looked like my whole life. I would definately recommend this to anyone who struggles with hormonal acne.

I did try dianette (I think thats the same as Diane 35?) but had numb feeling in leg with that too so had to stop after 3 weeks. I havent heard of androcur, but will look into it!

On 18/01/2017 at 8:08 PM, Louisemariex said:

Okay, I been doing it with the breaks...its improved my skin alot...but I do still get pimples so it hasn't gone completely....i do use bp at night aswel...only side effect I've had is maybe more tiredness and tearful just before I do the week break.. Hope Yu make the right choice for Yu, xx good luck

Ah ok, I went to a&e today to be on the safe side, the doctor said my leg aches aren't caused by Yasmin but instead it is a viral infection because I had a high temperature too. So I could return to yasmin, but I don't want to live my life worrying all the time! I use bp at night too, and i just bought the clinique 3 step anti blemish kit.. hoping it will do the trick!

MemberMember
(@doublel111)

Posted : 02/09/2017 12:09 am

On 11/17/2016 at 7:19 AM, moo94 said:

I'm so glad to read this. I just started taking Ocella (generic Yasmin) a week and a half ago and that's exactly what's happening to me. I'm soooo ready for this to clear up and that cannot happen soon enough. I used to be on brand name Yasmin and it kept my skin very clear, with a pimple here and there, so I'm pretty optimistic.