Notifications
Clear all

Struggling with PCOS diet 🙁

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/17/2016 5:20 am

I don't know why but I feel like this is just super hard. Last year it seemed way easier for me to regulate my fat and sugar intake and eat mostly healthy, months later I struggle just to not overeat on top of already eating unhealthy. PCOS diet, while it may have worked, is very bland and depressing to me. And I'm always starving trying to limit my calorie intake. I think the only thing that's actually made decent difference for me is when I stuck with 30g or so fat a day (very hard now, because it's so little), and maybe 15g of sugar. Of course lots of salmon. Maybe I just got fed up with it. I just don't know what to do. It seems the choices are either being depressed due to having to eat food I don't enjoy or being depressed due to acne. I don't know what to do. Advice?

MemberMember
(@skeptic_)

Posted : 11/18/2016 5:48 pm

What does your usual meal plan/grocery list look like? The PCOS diet should be anything but bland and you shouldn't be feeling like your starving, either. It looks pretty similar to Autoimmune Paleo.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/18/2016 6:33 pm

The key is to meal plan and eating small meals a day.

I find that preparation is the best defense against over eating. Also, you don't need to get rid of all the things you love, you just need to find healthier options or have a sensible portion of it. Never let yourself get hungry so always have some snack in you when you are out and about. This is to keep you from making any unhealthy choices. Also, what I found that has helped me is getting a food scale and using it in coordination with an app that tracks my calories (MyFitnessPal). This has been the biggest help in my lifestyle change. I am eating better without feeling deprived.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 11/22/2016 5:03 am

Why are you eating bland food? Can you elaborate by what you mean by PCOS diet? Has this been told to you by a doctor?