Notifications
Clear all

2 yrs post tane and skin is still acne/clog prone and supppper sensitive++

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/16/2016 3:32 pm

right now im using cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion and cerave in the blue/white pump
Im trying to eliminate any fragrance, actives etc in hopes of calming my skin down
right now its dehydrated, dry, red, tight and breaking out

any suggestions?

tia
kim

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 11/16/2016 5:49 pm

Cetaphil makes a gentle cleansing bar. It's white and the main ingredient is normally a baby soap, very gentle. From what I can tell it has way fewer comedogenic and irritating ingredients than their liquid cleansers. I currentlyuse the Clinique mild bar...If you are really dry and sensitive, Phytomer Accept Neutralizing Cleanser is amazing, but expensive.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/18/2016 2:07 pm

Thanks
My skin is not liking the cetaphil gentle....thanks for the cetaphil bar rec..check out ing

Ive thought about trying clinique redness solutions cleanser or mild cleanser (think its in a pump)
have any exp with either?

Thanks for the phytomer rec..Ill try anything now and pay for it if it will work but is that on line only?
I try to avoid on line, since so little works

thanks though
kim

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/22/2016 7:00 pm

If you're not doing well on Cetaphil, I'd stay away from the bar or any bar soap, for the matter. Those kinds of soaps are extremely irritating and pore clogging from the fatty acids [derived from coconuts] and all the crap they put in there to make the bar solid. You're probably reacting to the fatty alcohols - like cetyl alcohol - in the cleanser. It also irritated me more and more over time.

I've tried the Clinique acne solutions cleanser in the green bottle with the toner and it made my skin irritated and dry. I don't like any of their washes or toners.

Even though I don't really like SA that much, I had to go back to the Neutrogena oil-free cleanser because every other one I was using were either bothering me or just not cleansing my skin enough...have you ever tried that?

I can't recommend any moisturizers, either, since most of them contain fatty alcohols. It's INSANELY frustrating. That's why I can't use any moisturizers myself. Also, oil cleansing destroyed my skin, so stay away from that at all costs if you're sensitive. There's tons of posts out there with people who also broke out horribly from oil cleansing.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/25/2016 12:01 am

DO NOT USE CETAPHIL. It contains the ingredient sodium lauryl sulphate, which is a MASSIVE irritant and comedogenic ingredient. Google it if you must, I've stopped using cetaphil and immediately my skin was a lot less red and dry.

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 11/25/2016 11:29 am

Yeah sodium lauryl sulphate is highly comedogenic