Notifications
Clear all

When it takes over your life...

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/14/2016 1:37 am

Hi everybody, I am one of those people who don't really post much I just observe. However I come here often because its the only place I can feel better where people actually relate to my issues. People at my school and my friends all pretty much have perfect skin and my mom never suffered from acne so she doesn't understand why I spend much of my time crying or on my phone. I don't know what happened but I was so stressed and I broke out like crazy now adding to the additional scars on my face. I've been on the regimen for 4 months and I have seen improvement but this spontaneous breakout has literally broke me. It's that feeling where you feel like you got everything under control but them you get this nasty surprise and you think it will stop working again. I'm starting to think that maybe I left the bp open for one night and somehow ruined its potency and efficiency. I just moved into a new area as well and my parents wonder why I don't and am not making any new friends or getting out of the house. I don't want to celebrate any holidays or got outside. I don't want to even go to Vegas to celebrate my birthday anymore. I remember when I used to want to go camping, swimming, and take a road trip with my friends ; but now all I think about is my acne and being seen without makeup scars and flaky lizard skin and all. And I know people are going to say , you shouldn't care what others think of you , but really how does that even matter when you care about how you look and you can't love yourself? I really need some comfort right now and even though whoever is reading this is a stranger to me, I can't help but feel we all have a connection because of what we struggle with.

MemberMember
(@miguellp)

Posted : 11/14/2016 12:34 pm

I know.We are in the same situation.I could say things like inside beauty but I feel the pain you feel.everyone like beauty and our face is the part more visible of our body.
But do not give up you can search for treatments.

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 11/14/2016 1:02 pm

I know what you mean and I come here a lot, mainly to seek advice and see people's improvements and also to be part of a community that know how hard things can get. Nobody I speak to knows how I feel, well they know as I keep telling them but they just don't seem to get it. It's a shame we are all scattered over the world otherwise it would be nice to have a big meet up and have a day out doing something without feeling like your all alone.

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/14/2016 4:55 pm

4 hours ago, Miguellp said:

I know.We are in the same situation.I could say things like inside beauty but I feel the pain you feel.everyone like beauty and our face is the part more visible of our body.
But do not give up you can search for treatments.

Thank you for your support and I agree...acne is an inflammatory disease it shouldn't be on your face. Hope it gets better for you as well

3 hours ago, clareabella said:

I know what you mean and I come here a lot, mainly to seek advice and see people's improvements and also to be part of a community that know how hard things can get. Nobody I speak to knows how I feel, well they know as I keep telling them but they just don't seem to get it. It's a shame we are all scattered over the world otherwise it would be nice to have a big meet up and have a day out doing something without feeling like your all alone.

Yes I definitely know what you are saying people always tell me there are bigger problems in the world or they tell me they get it when they have three zits on their face and otherwise porcelain skin. They don't know what it's like to live with it feeling ashamed not knowing when or if it'll go away...not to mention the scarring. I really wish we could meet up and maybe it would make this journey a lot less painful. But im hoping more people will come to this forum and we could all support each other...and thank you for sharing

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 11/16/2016 1:26 pm

Of course it does matter that you care how you look. That is why we are all here, because we care how we look. But you should love yourself with or without acne. Only when you love yourself acne and all will you get the confidence to go out and do what you want. But that doesn't matter right now. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

MemberMember
(@avcforever)

Posted : 11/17/2016 8:18 pm

On 11/16/2016 at 10:26 AM, Ae1976 said:

Of course it does matter that you care how you look. That is why we are all here, because we care how we look. But you should love yourself with or without acne. Only when you love yourself acne and all will you get the confidence to go out and do what you want. But that doesn't matter right now. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

Yes I agree that loving yourself is key to happiness, even with acne, its just a hard thing to do . But thank you anyways for the warm wishes