Notifications
Clear all

Alcohol on accutane

MemberMember
(@mrm1801)

Posted : 11/13/2016 11:11 am

So I'm on my 3rd week of accutane and am wondering how people further along on their treatment have found drinking alcohol? I go out quite a lot and drink a fair amount most weekends and the fact that your not meant to drink was one of the reasons it took me so long to actually start the treatment as I knew I'd have to adjust my lifestyle so much and that people would question me when they see that I'm not drinking. Saying that, I went to a club on the first week of taking it and only drank a bit due to being wary of being on accutane and felt fine, so the next weekend took advantage of the complimentary bottles of proseco and got quite drunk.... However I felt fine while drinking and didn't feel like I was getting drunk quicker or felt worse the next day as some people say the do while on accutane. I have quite a few parties coming up and know that I'll find it really hard to not drink while being around loads of drunken people yet I also don't want to miss out on the good fun! I'm not sure how alcohol actually effects your body while being on accutane and any knowledge or advice would be very appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 11/13/2016 4:38 pm

Hey MRM1801,
Your liver is the organ that processes alcohol and also processes other chemicals for excretion. Processing the Accutane occupies your livers efforts so drinking as well overloads your liver with work and can lead to liver damage in the long term. This is not the sort of thing you physically feel when you are doing the damage.
I won't tell you not to drink at all but you really should minimise alcohol while on Accutane. Your future self will thank you. Hopefully you will find you can have fun around your friends without getting tanked and you won't be on the Accutane forever.

MRM1801 liked
MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/16/2016 4:00 pm

It's up to you. I think you can have a little but I wouldn't over do it as your liver will be under stress as it is with the accutane

MRM1801 liked