Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rdog123

What can I do to treat these scars?

Hi does anyone have any advice on how to clear this up? I don't know if it's an acne mark or acne scar?

I started getting cheek acne last January after going off tretinoin cream. I have been back on it for almost a year now but after getting cyst acne I am left with these. I don't know what else to do to clear it up. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Try this http://www.idoj.in/article.asp?issn=2229-5178;year=2015;volume=6;issue=2;spage=84;epage=88;aulast=Chandrashekar

I am using a combination of higher concentration of retinoic acid 0.05% and glycolic acid 10% every night gradually leave it for 30 min to overnight. Within a week I notice major improvements to both my PIE and PIH. I am glad that I found this article.

As for moisturiser, I am using vitamin K cream from ebay which consists of phytotonine, aloevera leaf juice,vitamin K and emu oil. I am not sure whether this stuff works or not as there has been mix reviews on this product but my redness definitely subsided and less scar appearance.