Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin A = Accutane?

MemberMember
(@dogbb7)

Posted : 11/10/2016 8:59 am

Hello. I`m male, 21 years old.

Firstly, i know there are dozens of other topics about Vitamin A = Accutane. I read them, i understood that Vitamin A is not the same as Accutane, but in high doses body gets isotretinoin from Vitamin A so it becomes the same as Accutane.

Why i`m taking Vitamin A rather than Accutane? I don`t have severe acne (let's say moderate to mild, overall face is good but the inflamed pimples makes it really worse), but i always get inflamed pimples over my cheeks & lower cheeks and i`ve tried other topical treatments, from Isotrexin to Duac.

I`m currently getting daily 100.000 UI Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A, along with 45 mg Zinc and 6000 UI Vitamin D3. I`m on day 35 on this regimen.

I don't see any big difference. Mild dry lips and that's almost all i can say after 35 days. In last 7 days i got 2 pimples but the old ones are still on my face.

Am i right when i`m saying that my body converts the 100.000 UI Vitamin A to at least 10mg of isotretinoin? 100.000 UI is about 30mg of entire Vitamin A.

I want perfect face so if this is not working i`m getting on Accutane for 3 months since acne is not severe(as i saw in the videos, journeys, that people looks 100x times worse than me).

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@e-e-2)

Posted : 11/16/2016 10:46 pm

im gonna try high dose Vitamin A as soon as my powder comes in. I wouldnt use Vitamin A capsules because polyunsaturated fatty acids are always used as the oil base which aggravate acne all by itself and supress thyroid (t3) transport. So I'd use the powder.

yes the active ingredient in accutane is retinoic acid. one of the many metabolites of retinol/vitmin A

MemberMember
(@dogbb7)

Posted : 11/17/2016 2:41 am

I`m in day 41 currently, i see my pimples are very dry and my overall face texture is pretty good. I hope no new pimples & cysts will appear to my face in future. I will keep the thread updated with progress.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 11/18/2016 6:35 am

That's a really high dosage of vitamin A. I started taking a tsp of Carlson's cod liver oil and noticed that I started purging just from that. I increased this week to two tsp a day and switched to Nordic Naturals. I also added the Murad vitamin. (I already take a multi that is beta carotene based vitamin A). Originally my mild to moderate acne started while I was taking nasal corticosteroids for allergies, which I learned inhibit absorption of A and D, so I'm trying to counter that and balance things out and how that works. I really don't want more prescriptions...in the long run, I feel like they just create more problems.
Good luck--I'll be watching for your update!

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 11/18/2016 8:39 am

its said that isotretinoin is safer than high doses of vitamin A so be careful
hypervitaminosis A is very dangerous shit.
if u wanna hyperdose vitamin A on yourself i think accutane itself is better in terms of effect and safety.

MemberMember
(@e-e-2)

Posted : 11/30/2016 2:05 am

My Vit A powder came in today