Notifications
Clear all

Improving Orange Peel Texture- and a warning to those using retin-a

MemberMember
(@hawaiii)

Posted : 11/07/2016 7:03 pm

DO NOT OVERUSE RETIN-A, OR GO OUT IN THE SUN WITH IT. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET THIS IF YOU DO.

I like to think I am good at congregating things I read:
I have had orange peel texture for a little while now and have scoured the internet for some answers on how to make it better.
Disclaimer: This is an educated opinion

Orange peel texture comes from a variety of damage to the skin. Whether it's Retin-A, Acid, or laser, the irritation from these treatments can lead to inflammation or excessive swelling/redness. The inflammation leads to pores that expand. I believe that when someone has orange peel the top part epidermis the stratum corneum has been damaged. Basically, Moisture has been sapped out from the skin and it is exposed to the elements. Like with most skin repair, fixing the moisture barrier is a long process.

What to do: I've read all sorts of ideas on how to counteract the effects of orange peel and have tried numerous things. This is what helps me

1) DML lotion constantly - DML specifically targets skin damage for people with moistureproblems, and have using it for 4 days I have seen improvement. I read that it can also encourage collagen growth. (I also tried Emu oil but it caused me to break out, DML forte is specifically for acne prone skin people.)
2) Drink lots of water- Dehydrated body means dehydrated skin. This is not what we want.
3)Sunscreen always- We especially need collagen to be in top shape to help repair.
4) Don't use soap, use a cleanser when you are in the shower to help retain the moisture barrier. I use Sebamed
I'm in the beginning stages, but I'm just a little happier on how my skin looks. My large pores seem softer, and the wrinkles I received from Retin-a have been reduced just after 4 days of DML.

I know lots are looking for answers with this, so if anyone has seen long term improvement, or has any other useful ideas. Please feel free to share.

Good luck to everyone

MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 01/05/2017 12:50 pm

I have been using DML for my enlarged pores but I'm unsure as to how many times you apply it a day and for how long. I know a forum user said to apply it 6 x a day for 3 days and problem solved. I tried this but it didn't do anything much. How many times do you apply it for per day and for how long have you been doing it?