Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wassupkid

Does Dan's Regimen wash off sunscreen?

Hi guys,
I've been on Dan's regimen for about more than a month now. I've been following it exactly, and apart from one zit I haven't gotten any pimples in the usual problem areas for the past few weeks (knock on wood). But today, I just noticed a pimple around the eye area (right next to my eyelid), where I have never gotten one before. The only reason that I can think of is that the sunscreen in that area might not have been washed off properly while I was on the regimen.

I read that Dan's regimen (which involves no rubbing of the cleanser) is good enough to wash off sunscreen. What have your experiences been like? Would you still recommend that I double cleanse? If so, what products would you recommend, and where in that regimen should the new product be placed?

2 face washings a day is plenty and you don't need to add any additional cleansers or products. Doing so may affect cause unnecessary irritation and affect your results. It's normal to see the occasional zit, even if you're following the Regimen exactly. So I wouldn't worry, you're doing a great job! And kudos for using sunscreen!! :) 

If it's a sunscreen, it probably contains a significant amount of polymer, and you'll have trouble removing it. Look for a moisturizer that contains sunscreen instead. My favorite is Olay Complete All-Day Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen (Sensitive). It leaves a nice finish. Day lotions like this usually don't contain water-resistant ingredients, so look for that. No double-washing