Notifications
Clear all

Returning Acne after Accutane

MemberMember
(@cslt)

Posted : 11/02/2016 8:14 pm

Currently a 22 year old female (half Australian, half Malasian) who has had acne since I was 9 years old. I've been on doxycycline, minocycline and had two rounds of accutane (a year between each round). I'm currently 5 months post accutane treatment and I don't see my dermatologist until the end of this month, but my acne is back and viscous.

I'm no expert on acne but they're deep black heads all over my face followed by huge headless lumps beginning at my hairline, all throughout my hair, behind my ears and down my neck and back. I honestly just want to fly to America to see Dr. Pimple Popper - even to simply ease the lumps on my neck.

I've given up on all chemical cleansers and oil-free moisturizers do nothing but activate an acne fest when I use it. I've been applying some natural cleanser of 1/3 apple cider vinegar and 2/3 water with a cotton tip to my facial acne to help dry the horrid red headless lumps I grow along my outer face, jawline and in my smile lines. I do have pretty oily skin and I think that's my problem - it's genetic, my 44 year old (Aussie) mother still suffers from acne. I also use tea-tree shampoo to assist with the scalp acne.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me cope the next month?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 11/03/2016 10:14 am

If it started as early as 9 then I would certainly look in to diet!