Notifications
Clear all

Roacuttane not helping to me..

MemberMember
(@eksycro)

Posted : 11/02/2016 1:36 pm

So basically this is my face after 2 months of roacuttane... Just getting worse every dayimage.jpegthis is 7 days from the startimage.jpegimage.jpegthis is about a monthimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegthis is now 2 months and even more, still not getting betterimage.jpeg(the last 2 pictures are from today)

If somebody has an idea what should i do.. Cus this is giving me a very hard social life

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 11/02/2016 5:19 pm

What is your dosage? And FOR how many months did your doctor Said you to Take it. It Takes time man.. I know it s hard. I m 3 months in and i have huge improvement . Shoot me a pm if you want more help.

EksyCro liked
MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/02/2016 8:16 pm

I agree
so not what u want to hear but it can take 4-6 mnths to see an improvement
I hope it happens for u soon!
I am also wondering your dosage are u on 60-80 mg daily?

EksyCro liked
MemberMember
(@eksycro)

Posted : 11/03/2016 12:35 am

For about a month and 10 days i was on 10mg every day but since then i am on 20mg every day..

MemberMember
(@awills)

Posted : 11/03/2016 11:28 am

I'm no expert but that certainly seems like a low dosage to me. I was on 20mg daily for 1 week, before starting 40mg for the remainder of my course. My acne was severe, but a bit different to yours. Mine covered my entire face, neck, back and chest. I was given 20mg to help with the initial breakout (according to my derm) and although I did have a breakout it didn't last very long.. a few weeks I don't remember exactly. It got a whole lot worse before it got better but my skin was totally clear by week 11. I continued with my course and now (8 months later) the red marks that I had left over have finally faded. A small amount that haven't faded totally yet. I had acne for 4 years and it was ruining my life, accutane has been amazing for me.

I would suggest speaking to your dermatologist about increasing your dosage, unless of course there is a medical reason why they are keeping it low. Some derms do believe that a lower dose for a longer course will work better.

Anyways, best of luck!

EksyCro liked
MemberMember
(@synclapse)

Posted : 11/03/2016 11:53 am

Dosage seems to be very low for you. Either increase it or bear this acne for a little longer. Lower dosages tend to take a little longer (even though it is recommended) If you consult your dermatologist, I'm sure he/she has a lot of options for you since your situation isn't improving much.
Good luck!

EksyCro liked
MemberMember
(@eksycro)

Posted : 11/03/2016 2:29 pm

Thank you guys a lot!
I contacted my dermatologist and tomorow I will have a blood and urin test so we will see if I can get some more miligrams to my treatmant

MemberMember
(@lisa80)

Posted : 11/04/2016 1:08 pm

I have only been on it for 2 months and my skin has got worse too. The dermatologist told me that if they up your dosage it is perfectly normal to have more breakouts as this is just your bodies way of dealing with the drug dose increase. She also said its common for people to have a 5-6 month course but others sometimes have 10 months maybe more depending on their skin. good luck.