Notifications
Clear all

Third Course Of Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 11/02/2016 1:04 pm

Okay so I started a third course of accutane. In the past I've done 2 rounds of 80mg for 6 months, with only dryness/joint pain. Praying this third course goes well, and staying humble. Im on day 2 of Absorica, a new brand of accutane that apparently has much better absorption. I'll post in this periodically.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/02/2016 8:17 pm

GOOD LUCK
Im thinking of doing a second course..has your acne come back the same every time?
has it gotten any better?

tia
kim

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 11/03/2016 1:40 pm

Good luck!

I'm going for a second course after the first being 2 years ago. First course helped against my cystic acne, differin/Isotrex gel couldn't keep the moderate acne that returned down, and the Regimen kinda worked but still couldn't get rid of the last few spots.

Left my acne for a while and it's back to moderate acne, so I'm going to try and finish it with another Isotetrinoin course.

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 11/04/2016 9:22 pm

On 11/2/2016 at 9:17 PM, kimber607 said:

GOOD LUCK
Im thinking of doing a second course..has your acne come back the same every time?
has it gotten any better?

tia
kim

My acne got significantly better after each course. I only get minor break outs now, they just don't respond to anything else

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 12/04/2016 10:34 pm

Okay so I'm over a month in and im at 60mg a day at the moment. No side effects besides flakey skin and chapped lips, but other then that I feel GOOD.

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 02/07/2017 12:20 pm

Update: Im at 80mg a day, and very dry. Completely clear. Other then dryness, i am fine (knock on wood). Its weird though, my lips arnt as chapped as they were on previous courses, but my skin (espeically on my body) is a lot drier. Maybe its because ive used Claravis in the past but this time Im on Absorica. I work out every day with no problems, I take fish oil for joints. Ive stopped all supplements besides fish oil and zinc, and the occasional d3 pill, I want to let accutane do its job. This is the last time im taking this drug no matter what, so im praying it works. My blood work is coming back fine, and ive even gotten drunk about 3 times. Ive been doing a keteogenic diet (high protein and fat, very low carb), as it gets me in good shape and the high fat meals are good for absorption. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Also, would love some advice on what to wash my body with, im getting ecema on my arms and back from dryness!

Also, Im about halfway through the treatment