Notifications
Clear all

Confused about it all...Worse now then before.

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/02/2016 12:50 am

So I decided to go into the dermatalogist because I had mild acne and some scaring of pigmentation on Sept 6th. 

I went to Obagi Skin Care in Beverly Hills and was put on an extensive skin care regimen. (Keep in mind that my face was okay when I went). Point is, that in the morning I have to cleanse its Oilacleanse, then use Cebatrol Pads, then I apply two pumps of Melamin, then two pumps of Glycogent. At night, I cleanse again, use Vitascrub, then I apply Daily power Defense, then finally I mix two pumps of Melamix with complex A then apply  that.

In total I paid around $600 almost $700. On top of that I am also on Accutane and will be going on two months. 

My first set of pictures are from october 2nd. The second set is from October 26th the third are from today, Nov 1st. Keep in mind that I stopped using the products for a week. The Last, are prior to starting this all and are from September 4th. 

The derma says  it gets worse before it gets better, but I don't see  any results. At my two consultations I have pictures  taken and the difference is obvious. I look way worse then how I ever did.

Are these skin care regimens too much? Is it all bullshit? Pls help me.

p.s i use sunblock too. 

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/03/2016 7:44 am

On 2/11/2016 at 6:50 AM, edgarandrew said:

So I decided to go into the dermatalogist because I had mild acne and some scaring of pigmentation on Sept 6th.

I went to Obagi Skin Care in Beverly Hills and was put on an extensive skin care regimen. (Keep in mind that my face was okay when I went). Point is, that in the morning I have to cleanse its Oilacleanse, then use Cebatrol Pads, then I apply two pumps of Melamin, then two pumps of Glycogent. At night, I cleanse again, use Vitascrub, then I apply Daily power Defense, then finally I mix two pumps of Melamix with complex A then apply that.

In total Ipaid around $600 almost $700. On top of that I am also on Accutane and will be going on two months.

My first set of pictures are from october 2nd. The second set is from October 26th the third are from today, Nov 1st. Keep in mind that I stopped using the products for a week. The Last, areprior to starting this all and are from September 4th.

The derma says it gets worse before it gets better, but Idon't seeany results. At my two consultations I have picturestaken and the difference is obvious.I lookway worse then how I ever did.

p.s i use sunblock too.

Many sunscreens/sunblocks can clog the pores.

Generally i think your skin looks quite irritated, which maybe means your are doing too many things at once. 600$ are too expensive.

Instead of going to the dermatologist you should just do the treatments at home, you can do lactic aicd or TCA peels are home. But right now think you should try to replace your sunscreen with a good moisturizer to calm your skin down. Also only use cold water when you wash your face.

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/04/2016 1:26 am

Yes, I can't believe I have brought my skin back to the way it was when I was in high school befitting seeing the derma for the first time.

I am also so so irritated and so mad at how stupid dermatalogist think we can be. I keep telling her that my face is getting worse and I'm breaking out and she keeps telling me to hang in there and be patient. What would you say the breakouts are? Because i NEVER broke out in the forbeard area- -AT ALL & now i am.

BTW she did say that obAgi makes your skin red, flakey and peeling for the first month, and the second month there would be improvement and by the third month skin would be at itsbest. However, on Nov 6th will mark my two months and i am just broken out

MemberMember
(@suferer)

Posted : 11/04/2016 6:32 am

do you consume dairy? Cheeses, milk, chocolate with it, etc? By stopping dairy I had better results than Accutane.

also read my post:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/363908-wow-major-success-how-to-do-it/

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/04/2016 10:34 am

4 hours ago, suferer said:

do you consume dairy? Cheeses, milk, chocolate with it, etc? By stopping dairy I had better results than Accutane.

also read my post:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/363908-wow-major-success-how-to-do-it/

Yes, i'm drinking chrolophyll twice a day with water. It's a detoxant.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/05/2016 5:59 am

On 4/11/2016 at 7:26 AM, edgarandrew said:

Yes, I can't believe I have brought my skin back to the way it was when I was in high school befitting seeing the derma for the first time.

I am also so so irritated and so mad at how stupid dermatalogist think we can be. I keep telling her that my face is getting worse and I'm breaking out and she keeps telling me to hang in there and be patient. What would you say the breakouts are? Because i NEVER broke out in the forbeard area- -AT ALL & now i am.

BTW she did say that obAgi makes your skin red, flakey and peeling for the first month, and the second month there would be improvement and by the third month skin would be at itsbest. However, on Nov 6th will mark my two months and i am just broken out

Pretty sure your skin is not supposed to look that irritated.

I still think you should do home treatments with peelings, it is cheap and very effective for acne. TCA will kill the bacterias.

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/05/2016 6:45 am

@edgarandrew, you said that you are currently drinking chlorophyll twice a day. That may be a cause.
I know this sound crazy. But I used to drink chlorophyll (Swisse- An Australia brand). At that time I thought it helps detoxifying, removing toxic out of my body thus make my face clearer. In two weeks, there are about 6, 7 pimples appear on my face. Check & Jawline. Till now, I don't even know why.
May be eating REAL vegetables is better.

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/05/2016 9:28 am

3 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
Pretty sure your skin is not supposed to look that irritated.

I still think you should do home treatments with peelings, it is cheap and very effective for acne. TCA will kill the bacterias.

Is that a TCA PEEL?

Yes so weird, but I stopped using the product for a couple of days and my skin stopped breaking out but I just restarted again and boom breaking out like crazy again. However, this time I limited myself down to just cleaner and cebratrol pads, but still breaking out and these break outs hurt and I look horrible ;(

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/05/2016 2:02 pm

TCA peel is a medium peel, where lactic and glycolic acid peels are working more on the surface of the skin.

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/05/2016 3:01 pm

58 minutes ago, Alex9945 said:

TCA peel is a medium peel, where lactic and glycolic acid peels are working more on the surface of the skin.

will i experience anything worse than how my face looks now?

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/05/2016 4:41 pm

I wouldn't do a TCA peel while on Accutane. I know the experts now say it's okay to use light peels and even 10% TCA is ok while on Tane, but I wouldn't risk it.
I always stop using a product when it breaks me out badly. I've never followed the theory that things get worse before they get better. Because in the end, you have more potential scarring to deal with. I know some people such as those on Accutane experience an initial breakout, and have had great results in the end. But when my inflammation gets out of control I stop.
I think you should stick with the Accutane alone. You look irritated. I would just use a gentle cleanser, a moisturizer like Dan's, and the Tane. Then maybe when your course is over go on retin a micro or a different retinoid to keep your skin healthy and to keep your skin cells sheading properly.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/05/2016 6:53 pm

Yes i think he should wait too when the skin is not irritated anymore to do a 10-12% TCA.

25% lactic acid will also be good.

Right now irritation needs to be fixed with a gentle cleanser, cold water, moisturizer. When the skin is not that red anymore he can do peels.

Yola4 liked
MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/05/2016 7:25 pm

31 minutes ago, Alex9945 said:

Yes i think he should wait too when the skin is not irritated anymore to do a 10-12% TCA.

25% lactic acid will also be good. 

Right now irritation needs to be fixed with a gentle cleanser, cold water, moisturizer. When the skin is not that red anymore he can do peels. 

Do you think my cleanser is too harsh? It's called oilacleanse fromm obagi. 

do you  also think i should stop using the whole product line completely ??

2 hours ago, Yola4 said:

I wouldn't do a TCA peel while on Accutane. I know the experts now say it's okay to use light peels and even 10% TCA is ok while on Tane, but I wouldn't risk it. 
I always stop using a product when it breaks me out badly. I've never followed the theory that things get worse before they get better. Because in the end, you have more potential scarring to deal with. I know some people such as those on Accutane experience an initial breakout, and have had great results in the end. But when my inflammation gets out of control I stop.
I think you should stick with the Accutane alone. You look irritated. I would just use a gentle cleanser, a moisturizer like Dan's, and the Tane. Then maybe when your course is over go on retin a micro or a different retinoid to keep your skin healthy and to keep your skin cells sheading properly. 

Hi thanks for replying.
I was told my face would get extremely red while using this product line but i just want to know where my breakouts are coming from. :(

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/06/2016 5:31 am

10 hours ago, edgarandrew said:
Do you think my cleanser is too harsh? It's called oilacleanse fromm obagi. 

do you  also think i should stop using the whole product line completely ??
  Hi thanks for replying.
I was told my face would get extremely red while using this product line but i just want to know where my breakouts are coming from. :(

I must say i don't know that cleanser, it depends on how your face feels and react after you use it. A cleanser should not be drying out your skin, if you feel that i would not use it. 

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/06/2016 12:29 pm

6 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
I must say i don't know that cleanser, it depends on how your face feels and react after you use it. A cleanser should not be drying out your skin, if you feel that i would not use it.

Yeah, at first it did dry out my skin harshly but now it doesn't. I thought about not using the whole line of products completely and just sticking to accutane, however the derma said I would've just thrown my money away in that case. She's telling me to stick it through. I don't know what to do.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/06/2016 2:41 pm

2 hours ago, edgarandrew said:
9 hours ago, Alex9945 said:

Yeah, at first it did dry out my skin harshly but now it doesn't. I thought about not using the whole line of products completely and just sticking to accutane, however the derma said I would've just thrown my money away in that case. She's telling me to stick it through. I don't know what to do.

Well you can always do as she says and just complain if there is no improvement. But when you are done with the treatment you should begin home treatments with AHA peels. (or low TCA)

MemberMember
(@gentlesoul)

Posted : 11/06/2016 7:08 pm

On 2016-11-05 at 5:41 PM, Yola4 said:

ita, you took the words right out of my mouth. Take it easy on your skin.

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/07/2016 12:36 am

5 hours ago, gentlesoul said:
On 11/5/2016 at 2:41 PM, Yola4 said:

ita, you took the words right out of my mouth. Take it easy on your skin.

thanks. is okay/normal that sometimes when i am cleansing my pimples pop on their own? i am not being harsh or anything

MemberMember
(@edgarandrew)

Posted : 11/16/2016 1:44 am

On 11/1/2016 at 10:50 PM, edgarandrew said:

I went to Obagi Skin Care in Beverly Hills and was put on an extensive skin care regimen. (Keep in mind that my face was okay when I went). Point is, that in the morning I have to cleanse its Oilacleanse, then use Cebatrol Pads, then I apply two pumps of Melamin, then two pumps of Glycogent. At night, I cleanse again, use Vitascrub, then I apply Daily power Defense, then finally I mix two pumps of Melamix with complex A then apply  that.

In total I paid around $600 almost $700. On top of that I am also on Accutane and will be going on two months. 

My first set of pictures are from october 2nd. The second set is from October 26th the third are from today, Nov 1st. Keep in mind that I stopped using the products for a week. The Last, are prior to starting this all and are from September 4th. 

The derma says  it gets worse before it gets better, but I don't see  any results. At my two consultations I have pictures  taken and the difference is obvious. I look way worse then how I ever did.

p.s i use sunblock too. 

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

*current update*

i stopped using all the obagi products and i would NOT recommend these to anyone. i only use the cleanser and cebatrol pads which have salicylic acid day and night. i am still on accutane and should start my 3rd month cycle soon. howeever, i don't see results with the accutane yet. how long until i see results... should i stop using the obagi products all together ?

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

MemberMember
(@kjoon)

Posted : 07/20/2017 10:55 am

Hey did you ever see any results, I'm currently on the same obagi regime as you with 20 mg of roaccutane, except my morning regime in addition to the melamin and glycogen i use the melamix and complex A as well. So i do melamix and com. A night and day. Im on my 3 month.