Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment help

MemberMember
(@awakeairbus)

Posted : 10/29/2016 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I've few scars on the right side of my face.. these scars mysteriously appeared few year back and I got it looked at by a dermatologist who did a biopsy to confirm that its not any kind of cancer. Dermatologist best guess was it was caused by some sort of allergic reaction. I had no pain or swelling on the scarred area expect that my skin had turned darker in color in those areas.

Now that I've had these scars for few years, I would really like to improve/remove the appearance of these scars. Can someone please help me with any procedures that could help with these types of scars? I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on what scar treatment would be best for these types of scars?

IMG_20161029_162728.jpg

IMG_20161029_155220.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/30/2016 5:50 am

I'd do IPL for the brown discolorations and some microneedling on the spots.

Infini and PRP look promising breaking up scar tissue, but you can also just microneedle at home. To know how to microneedle checkout the FAQ below. Have you tried skin bleach topical on these spots?

IT does not say what country you are in, but as a guy myself and I know you are going to say well that's girly, got get some makeup and spot treat till things improve, unless it does not bug you. IT will mask the color diffrence. At macys/nordstrom we have a medical grade for scars makeup dermablend many guys use after surgery.

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@awakeairbus)

Posted : 10/30/2016 3:22 pm

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I'd do IPL for the brown discolorations and some microneedling on the spots.

Infini and PRP look promising breaking up scar tissue, but you can also just microneedle at home. To know how to microneedle checkout the FAQ below. Have you tried skin bleach topical on these spots?

IT does not say what country you are in, but as a guy myself and I know you are going to say well that's girly, got get some makeup and spot treat till things improve, unless it does not bug you. IT will mask the color diffrence. At macys/nordstrom we have a medical grade for scars makeup dermablend many guys use after surgery.

Thank you beautifulambition.. I really appreciate your response! I'm a noob at scar treatment but I'm reading up on different treatment methods on this forum. You all have very comprehensive documentation on each of the procedures. I have not tried any of the treatment options yet.

I will definitely go and buy dermablend from Macy's.. these scars have made me really self conscious cause a number of people have come up to me recently and have asked about the scars on my face. I just looked up on Macy's site and there are many different colors for skin tone.. Are there any sample dermablend at Macy's to match to my own skintone?

Should I first try skin bleach before microneedling? What are my options for getting a skin bleach topical.. Do I need a prescription from a dermatologist? Also, I'm on Dan's regimen for acne and have been clear for months now.. Do I need to stop the regimen to use skin bleach topical?

Do you think I should wait on IPL/laser treatments before I try any of the above scar treatment options?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/30/2016 10:17 pm

Yes Dermablend is matched to your specific skintone. If they cannot find a good color match or you don't like then goto Sephora for another product.

I would do microneedle, wait till it heals, then bleach (you use it a few times a week - the bleach, can be at night), then repeat. IT will take a while over 6 - 12 months so see some improvement.

Sure stop the acne treatment, but only if you don't have a issue with acne, Use it when you have flair ups.

Yes don't do IPL until you try skin bleach akahydroquinone, there is another bleach you can as well and see which worksKojic acid . Retin A off ebay makes them more potent.

After your monthly microneedle sessions you may use and apply vitmin c serum it's a antioxidant.

If all that does not work I will give you a stronger treatment in a year to a year and a half, do the IPL for browns and possible infini rf and prp.

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@awakeairbus)

Posted : 10/30/2016 11:36 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Yes Dermablend is matched to your specific skintone. If they cannot find a good color match or you don't like then goto Sephora for another product.

I would do microneedle, wait till it heals, then bleach (you use it a few times a week, can be at night), then repeat. IT will take a while over 6 - 12 months so see some improvement. IF it doesn't work then IPL.

Sure stop the acne treatment, but only if you don't have a issue with acne, Use it when you have flair ups.

Yes don't do IPL until you try skin bleach akahydroquinone, there is another bleach you can use too to alternate and see which worksKojic acid .

After your monthly microneedle sessions you may use and apply vitmin c serum it's a antioxidant.

If all that does not work I will give you a stronger treatment in a year to a year and a half, do the IPL for browns and possible infini rf and prp.

Thanks for your advice! I just ordered theDerminator from owndoc website. I will wait for the shipment to arrive and will post monthly updates.

Another follow up question on bleach.. Do I need to get a prescription forhydroquinone/Kojic acid or can I buy it from a reputable online seller?

I really appreciate your help.. thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/31/2016 6:05 am

Konjic acid bleaching serums don't need a prescription.Hydroquinone you can buy places like ebay or amazon, if you cannot find them, you must use a "online pharmacy." That's all I can tell you about that haha ;-P Same with retin a.